£20 note..what takeaway would you order? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sweet and Sour chicken with Fried Rice
    Salt and Pepper chips
    Prawn Crackers
    Chicken and Sweetcorn soup
    Coke.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a £1 instant meal from Tesco (and something cheap to add to it since those meals aren't exactly good)

Then invest the rest in stocks chocolate

EDIT: Didn't mean to put good meant big, the £1 lasagnas are :coma:

By the way they're hidden in the freezer section, the more expensive ready meals are on show in the ready meal section where the raw meat is, but the cheaper ones are hidden in the freezer section of the store where the fish fingers and frozen peas and chips are so people don't see those and buy the more expensive ones. They're still tesco brand too not value or anything and half the price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racheld25)
    Hawaiian Pizza with a side order of garlic bread.
    With a can of coke & a tub of ben & jerrys cookie dough ice cream

How am I so skinny?
    Ahaha, i'd go for even more calories :p:

Very similar, though i'd substitute sweetcorn for ham on the hawaiian (am a vegetable ), cheese on the garlic bread, a (big) bottle of coke, and chunky monkey B&J :coma:

To finish dessert off, whip up a batch of fluffy pancakes to go with the ice cream
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Korma rice poppodums and a plain naan

ReputationRep:
    Take away pasta or subway.

An Indian feast to share with my friends. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Wow I really have sparked a discussion !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhonfranco)
    wait is it for you because your parents went out? or for the whole family?
    who gave you that sum?

Anyway i'd cook pasta at home, which is amazingly cheap, and save the rest for the pub
    Sorry I pressed neg when I meant to give positive. I'm only bring honest x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Ahaha, i'd go for even more calories :p:

Very similar, though i'd substitute sweetcorn for ham on the hawaiian (am a vegetable ), cheese on the garlic bread, a (big) bottle of coke, and chunky monkey B&J :coma:

To finish dessert off, whip up a batch of fluffy pancakes to go with the ice cream
    Did you make those yourself??

Mine failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    Did you make those yourself??

Mine failed
    Yup.

Well my housemate and i have a system, i mix up the ingredients, he cooks them, makes it easier for both of us! We usually make them for our other housemate too, and we alternate turns for the washing up (and buying of ingredients). Pancakes are common at our house (had some last night!)

How did they fail?

I used this recipe, http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/fl...anpancak_74828 but left out the salt. Whisk a lot of air into the eggs then whip with a fork when you've put all the ingredients together. I added half a teaspoon of cinnamon too.

If you're ever in portsmouth gimme a shout and i'll be happy to share :p: (Actually, considering planning a breakfast club bank/tax avoider bail in as part of UK uncut, and making a tonne to give out free lol)

ReputationRep:
    Seeing this thread makes me hungry. :indiff:

Where's this £20?!
    (Original post by insoms)
    Buy a £1 instant meal from Tesco (and something cheap to add to it since those meals aren't exactly good)

Then invest the rest in stocks chocolate

EDIT: Didn't mean to put good meant big, the £1 lasagnas are :coma:

By the way they're hidden in the freezer section, the more expensive ready meals are on show in the ready meal section where the raw meat is, but the cheaper ones are hidden in the freezer section of the store where the fish fingers and frozen peas and chips are so people don't see those and buy the more expensive ones. They're still tesco brand too not value or anything and half the price
    o: They hide the cheap stuff?!

£19 on chocolate though? Tesco always have deals on chocolate too.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...

Chinese - Aromatic duck with pancakes, egg fried rice and chips,

Local american ish take away - 20 hot wings, chips and drink.

I've thrown up every time I've had the hot wings, but they are so good.

ReputationRep:
    Hot and sour soup, prawn toast, prawn crackers and some siew mai and char siu bao. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeh_jeh)
    Hot and sour soup, prawn toast, prawn crackers and some siew mai and char siu bao. :love:
    I went for the hot and sour soup too. It's just the best ever :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the thread title. If it was two tens instead of one twenty, would you buy something different?

ReputationRep:
    chinese!
    beef in black bean sauce, fried rice. save the rest for beer, mmm.

ReputationRep:
    lamb doner kebab... and spend the remaining money on more kebabs

ReputationRep:
    Cantonese style sweet and sour chicken with a side order of chips and pancake rolls, which incidentally I had last night, mmm!

ReputationRep:
    10" Garlic pizza bread with cheese + chips and cheese. Nom.

ReputationRep:
    if I were to order from a chinese I'd probably spend the majority on the starters. Prawn toasts, seaweed, spring rolls, crispy duck and pancakes, sweet and sour sauce with prawn tempura GALORE.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.