Turn on thread page Beta

It’s itchy and uncomfortable watch

I shave my private area and it’s so itchy and uncomfortable. I don’t want to wax because of the pain and I’m a bit embarrassed to get it done. I used hair removal cream but it doesn’t really work well.
    It’s itchy, red little spots and it’s very uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    Leave it natural? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i have one word to say.... MOISTURISE

also waxing is only painful for a short period of time. or i can recommend getting the hair lasered. makes life a hell of a lot easier

(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i have one word to say.... MOISTURISE
    I do

ReputationRep:
    Scratch it and make it comfortable? :dontknow:

Hair removal cream worked well enough on The Inbetweeners :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    just trim instead?
    If it causes you THAT much pain, why bother?

ReputationRep:
    also waxing is only painful for a short period of time. or i can recommend getting the hair lasered. makes life a hell of a lot easier
    I currently wax, but i'm thinking about starting laser (everywhere i.e. legs, armpits etc.), how long roughly does it last?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicknak256)
    I currently wax, but i'm thinking about starting laser (everywhere i.e. legs, armpits etc.), how long roughly does it last?
    i haven't had it done (being a guy hair really isn't a problem!). my ex however did go through with it and from what she said it's permanent (but really expensive)

ReputationRep:
    use this http://www.wilkinsonsword.co.uk/wome..._bikini_travel

ReputationRep:
    i haven't had it done (being a guy hair really isn't a problem!). my ex however did go through with it and from what she said it's permanent (but really expensive)
    Hahahahahaha oops, didn't see you're a guy, sorry lol but thanks for the info anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Get some crocodile clips, some wires & a car battery.

DIY electrolysis.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be embarrassed to be waxed! It's their job, they've seen it all a million times and waxed tons of women

ReputationRep:
    Just a word of warning on laser. Medical bodies do not allow the word 'permanent' to be used in relation to laser hair removal because eventual regrowth is actually a possibility and the efficacy of the treatment is largely dependent on the shade of skin tone and hair properties (thick black hair on fair skin being the optimal scenario). You will need multiple sessions usually, but they aren't long and it's not that painful.

The only truly permanent hair removal method is electrolysis but that hurts like a ***** and is very time-consuming as each hair follicle needs to be targeted individually.

If maintenance is bothering you that much, then go for laser. Otherwise getting a routine professional wax is probably your best option. Seek advice on how to best avoid irritation next time you go.

ReputationRep:
    Trim
    Hair removal (because hair removal only works on short hairs)
    Moistures

ReputationRep:
    Fraid you will probably just have to tough it out.

ReputationRep:
    Waxing is infinitely better than shaving.

It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as you think it does. I was expecting excrutiating pain but really it was more of a sting, and I am a complete wimp who's very intolerant to pain so if I can withstand it I'm sure you can.

It's not awkward, either; these people do this for a living and won't be at all fazed by your lady parts.

I cannot reccommend it enough; it grows back so much thinner and more slowly. Once you start you won't regret it.

ReputationRep:
    We should all go back to the 70s bush... Those were the days!

ReputationRep:
    Let it grow.

I love bush, so i am a little biased.

Ivor

I'm 19 and I've only ever shaved my downstairs pubes about twice in my life, years ago now. And each time it was all itchy and uncomfortable, just like what you're experienced. So after that I didn't bother anymore as it's not really worth it. If it gets too bushy, especially when I want to wear a bikini then I just trim it and it's fine. I've never been sexually active though so I've never had to worry about anything on the boy front. Can't really say either what I'd do till I cross that bridge :/

ReputationRep:
    I find it very sad that a girl would feel the need to post anonymously just because she has pulic hair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.