Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Liverpool Uni accomodation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently deciding between Liverpool and Cardiff as my top choice for doing English with Communication Studies.
    Liverpool seems to have the slightly better course but I've heard terrible things about the accomodation at Liverpool. Can anyone enlighten me as to what they are like?
    And whilst I'm yabbing away does anyone know about the Acting Societies at either of the two places?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's not great. Most people apply for the Greenbank Halls (which are nicer) but end up stuck in Carnatic.. me included ha. The halls themselves are in need of a good knocking down, they're not nice at all but with so many people living on the same site it's a good way to meet people. Most people complain about the food too, but I actually liked it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, I find it crazy that a Russell Group Uni that is committing itself to charging the full £9000 has terrible accomodation. I think I'll stick it though because I really like the course

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about firming Liverpool and I've just missed an accommodation open day because I couldn't get there for that date, but now I read this and see it has a bad rep for accommodation....i wish i'd gone to see for myself now.
    They sent me some pics though and the halls looked fine, but I suppose they would make it seem that way. So what's so bad about them? Size, distance from uni, cleanliness...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadwing)
    Yeah it's not great. Most people apply for the Greenbank Halls (which are nicer) but end up stuck in Carnatic.. me included ha. The halls themselves are in need of a good knocking down, they're not nice at all but with so many people living on the same site it's a good way to meet people. Most people complain about the food too, but I actually liked it.
    I'm thinking about firming Liverpool and I've just missed an accommodation open day because I couldn't get there for that date, but now I read this and see it has a bad rep for accommodation....i wish i'd gone to see for myself now.
    They sent me some pics though and the halls looked fine, but I suppose they would make it seem that way. So what's so bad about them? Size, distance from uni, cleanliness...?

ReputationRep:
    I was really hoping the accommodation would be good, going to see it on Saturday, yeah the pics look really good but I guess it's not always the same as the real thing...I've already firmed Liverpool so I'm gonna have to put up with it
    Any idea about the campus halls??

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.