Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :confused:Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my student finance application.
    Last year (before i deferred my entry to University) my student finance (even after asking for a household income assessment) stated that my maintenance loan breakdown was £3564. Initially i thought this was the minimum or should i say starting amount given and after income assesment you would get more according to your parents financial statement. Low and behold i recieved a letter saying that my maintenance loan was £3564. The student finance calculator states that i should be eligible to £4906 which i desperately need. I haven't clicked the submit your application form yet because i don't know if i've done something wrong and i am desperately trying to avoid a repeat of last time. Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicesuperfly)
    :confused:Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my student finance application.
    Last year (before i deferred my entry to University) my student finance (even after asking for a household income assessment) stated that my maintenance loan breakdown was £3564. Initially i thought this was the minimum or should i say starting amount given and after income assesment you would get more according to your parents financial statement. Low and behold i recieved a letter saying that my maintenance loan was £3564. The student finance calculator states that i should be eligible to £4906 which i desperately need. I haven't clicked the submit your application form yet because i don't know if i've done something wrong and i am desperately trying to avoid a repeat of last time. Thank you xx
    Did you definitely opt for the income assessed portion of the loan on the form?

It will usually ask you if you want to be income assessed or not, and if you said you didn't want anymore than the non-income assessed portion then that could have affected your entitlement.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i deffinately did because it then asked me to provide my parents address and whether i'd like them to fill the form in by post or online e.t.c.
    Below is the summary of the final page before i click submit on my application xx

The table below shows the amount(s) of student finance you are requesting, and the maximum amounts you may be entitled to. You have chosen to provide your household income infomation.

Type
    Tuition Fee Loan
    Amount requested
    Maximum
    Amount you may be entitled to
    £3375

Type
    Maintenance Loan
    Amount requested
    Maximum
    £3560

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicesuperfly)
    Yeah i deffinately did because it then asked me to provide my parents address and whether i'd like them to fill the form in by post or online e.t.c.
    Below is the summary of the final page before i click submit on my application xx

The table below shows the amount(s) of student finance you are requesting, and the maximum amounts you may be entitled to. You have chosen to provide your household income infomation.

Type
    Tuition Fee Loan
    Amount requested
    Maximum
    £3375

Type
    Maintenance Loan
    Amount requested
    Maximum
    £3560
    Maybe your parents earn too much. It does says what 'you MAY be entitled to' so it might rectify itself once you submit your application.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.