Turn on thread page Beta

Another generic thread - Weight loss watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys - So I know you guys are brutal because you know your stuff in the fitness sub forum.

So i'm on this weight loss tip, i'm happy currently with what i've lost (was a size 36" waist before so very fat, now a 33" waist.) but I can look far better.

My waist and thighs are my main problem along with abit of a stomach (although its gone down since starting this self improvement thing)

I'm a 33" waist which sucks as before I was a 30" (back in the days) i'm 5 ft 7 which doesn't really help either.

Alright so:

Gym Routine
    3 x a week
    - A different class for each day

Monday: Spin class
    Tuesday: Body Pump (weights)
    Wednesday: Body conditioning (weights aswell not as intense as body pump)

Before my classes I do:

- 10 minute brisk walking on the treadmill at 7
    - 30 minute run at 8.5
    - Rowing machine for 15 - 20 minutes.

Then I go to my class, weights are generally covered in conditioning/pump.

So my routines abit crap right?

Eating

Morning
    - Muller Vanilla yoghurt
    - Granny Smith apple
    - Big 1.5L of water to get me through til lunch

Lunch
    - Not really hungry sometimes I might grab a brown bread plain cheese sandwich.
    - Or Maybe soup if I don't want it in the evening

Its usually a sandwich I go for though. Brown bread all the time.

Dinner (varies)
    - Low calorie mash with no added butter OR
    - Brown pasta OR
    - Chicken,veg & Rice (small portion of chicken as I don't really eat much meat) OR
    - Soup (Heinz individual size)

Snacks
    - Usually another yoghurt/ hot chocolate (options low cal hot choc)

I know i'm a picky eater, I hate eggs and oats and all that jazz I like my food really basic. I've really tried with the food thing as i've gone from eating Macky D's, Subway and anything fried food to eating things like brown pasta which is a start..or so I like to hope.

Is this enough for me to get to my aim of:

-Reducing my thigh size
    -Gradually reducing my waist size
    -Getting rid of my stomach (its not fat but it could be flatter)

Will I see noticeable progress within 2 months?

What can I do to improve my gym routine to make it more effective?

I don't wish to do any pills or anything I wish to do this weight loss naturally just like I've done.

If you have any questions ask away. Thankyou in advance.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention that I work 3 days a week so can't go gym then but its a fairly active job at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    How much has your weight changed by?
    Tbh its a decent routine, and you've got a decent diet to keep the calorific deficit. Look through stickies/Google for HIIT which is one of the most effective methods of cardio. E.g you do 10 mins of jogging and 30 mins of faster jogging/running with HIIT you'll burn the same amount of calories in like 20 minutes (assuming you do it right). And you'll continue to burn once you've finished and gone home.
    Your thighs, waist and stomach fat will go as long as you continue with your progress. Do your cardio, eat clean and eventually that stubborn fat will go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HilariousNinja)
    How much has your weight changed by?
    Tbh its a decent routine, and you've got a decent diet to keep the calorific deficit. Look through stickies/Google for HIIT which is one of the most effective methods of cardio. E.g you do 10 mins of jogging and 30 mins of faster jogging/running with HIIT you'll burn the same amount of calories in like 20 minutes (assuming you do it right). And you'll continue to burn once you've finished and gone home.
    Your thighs, waist and stomach fat will go as long as you continue with your progress. Do your cardio, eat clean and eventually that stubborn fat will go.
    Hey thanks for the reply.
    How much has my weight changed by? See the thing is I don't weigh myself =/ I know its bad but it demotivated me to see I weighed alot when I was fatter thats why I kinda assess myself by how I fit into clothes especially jeans. It works for me as bad as it is

So i've lost 3" off my waist if that helps from a 36" waist to a 33" waist but my thighs are kinda not chunky anymore but not slim slim if that makes sense.

Do you think I should add an additional gym session to the week to make it 4 times a week?

Okies thankyou for the tip about HIIT so i'd warm up and then alternative between speeds? I've read some stuff about HIIT so i'll read up about it.

Thankyou for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nom_Nom_)
    Hey thanks for the reply.
    How much has my weight changed by? See the thing is I don't weigh myself =/ I know its bad but it demotivated me to see I weighed alot when I was fatter thats why I kinda assess myself by how I fit into clothes especially jeans. It works for me as bad as it is

So i've lost 3" off my waist if that helps from a 36" waist to a 33" waist but my thighs are kinda not chunky anymore but not slim slim if that makes sense.

Do you think I should add an additional gym session to the week to make it 4 times a week?

Okies thankyou for the tip about HIIT so i'd warm up and then alternative between speeds? I've read some stuff about HIIT so i'll read up about it.

Thankyou for the reply.
    Well the clothes size is an indication but weight obviously applies to the entire body and you'll be making progress every time you weigh yourself. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

If your continuing to lose weight with just 3 sessions a week then there isn't really a need to change. However if you reach a plateau then you may need to increase the number of sessions or cut your calorie intake further until you reach your goal weight.

Yeh, a basic HIIT routine would be say alternating 30 seconds steady pace with a minute of 80-90% of your fastest pace. This cycle is then repeated until you reach about 20-30 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HilariousNinja)
    Well the clothes size is an indication but weight obviously applies to the entire body and you'll be making progress every time you weigh yourself. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

If your continuing to lose weight with just 3 sessions a week then there isn't really a need to change. However if you reach a plateau then you may need to increase the number of sessions or cut your calorie intake further until you reach your goal weight.

Yeh, a basic HIIT routine would be say alternating 30 seconds steady pace with a minute of 80-90% of your fastest pace. This cycle is then repeated until you reach about 20-30 mins.
    Yeah truesays to the first line.

But then I do do badminton and tennis and have done since like year 10, so surely weight wouldn't be the best indication due to muscle (not saying i'd have loads)??

Thankyou for the tips i'll adjust the routine as off monday.

ReputationRep:
    You can't spot reduce.
    Your eating and exercise looks okay, just be patient and disciplined and it should pay off.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.