This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What do you think the outcome will be of tonight's vote on Top Up Fees, not what you WANT but what you think WILL happen.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
What do you think the outcome will be of tonight's vote on Top Up Fees, not what you WANT but what you think WILL happen.
hmmm... i think things will stay pretty much the same as they are now
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm sure the vote will go with BLAIR but the feeling is that Brown was the one who told the rebels to change their mind and vote with blair.
What is Brown planning?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3433391.stm
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Blair will win the vote.

I don't understand why people say he should resign from being PM when you just get another labour PM who is going to have pretty much the same views.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well apparently the whips have been out in force today, and even the PM has been speaking to rebels individually. i think it'll probably be pushed through, unfortunately, but i think Blair probably wont last out another election either, so there might be some hope. (not that i an any way support the tories, lol )
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Blair will win the vote.

I don't understand why people say he should resign from being PM when you just get another labour PM who is going to have pretty much the same views.
i thought Blair and brown (he'd take over if blair left) had fairly different views on some things

ON THE NEWS NOW::: a deal has been done with the chief rebel, Nick Brown, strengthening Blair's position a lot.

deal: Brown will support it, if there is a full-scale review of the system and whether it has worked or not next year.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
i thought Blair and brown (he'd take over if blair left) had fairly different views on some things

ON THE NEWS NOW::: a deal has been done with the chief rebel, Nick Brown, strengthening Blair's position a lot.

deal: Brown will support it, if there is a full-scale review of the system and whether it has worked or not next year.
Yes but the deal only came about because Gordon Brown told his ally Nick Brown to vote for the bill.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
On some things and maybe the tuition fees, but they are from the same party. I hope Blair stays PM. Although I liked the way the 90's poked fun at the Torys, it would make our political comedies even funner
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I just need a bit of a top up on my top up fees thing, will it only affect places such as Oxford and Cambridge?
Because I'm pretty confused about all this crap Blair says.
First he campaigns to win the student vote with all that Cool Britannia crap, then he rids us of grants, then pledges to get 50% of people to go to University (thus devalueing degrees) then he decides yes even though we've managed to make the amount of people go up lets charge more for it.
I mean is this guy schizophrenic or what?
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Yes but the deal only came about because Gordon Brown told his ally Nick Brown to vote for the bill.
didnt know that bit -interesting, i thougth Gordon Borwn was against the Bill? hmm, united we stand, divided we fall i suppose...
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
didnt know that bit -interesting, i thougth Gordon Borwn was against the Bill? hmm, united we stand, divided we fall i suppose...
i love The Bill
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just need a bit of a top up on my top up fees thing, will it only affect places such as Oxford and Cambridge?
Because I'm pretty confused about all this crap Blair says.
First he campaigns to win the student vote with all that Cool Britannia crap, then he rids us of grants, then pledges to get 50% of people to go to University (thus devalueing degrees) then he decides yes even though we've managed to make the amount of people go up lets charge more for it.
I mean is this guy schizophrenic or what?
not schizophrenic, but not left OR right wing either.

just populist.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tinykates)
i love The Bill
Hahahahahaha, have some positive rep for that lol
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
On some things and maybe the tuition fees, but they are from the same party. I hope Blair stays PM. Although I liked the way the 90's poked fun at the Torys, it would make our political comedies even funner
Browns views are quite different even within the same party - When brown becomes leader there will be far less following the USA and there will also be no Euro - yuPEEEEE!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hahahahahaha, have some positive rep for that lol
he he thanks
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
not schizophrenic, but not left OR right wing either.

just populist.
Mmmm, I thought the Labour government was supposed to represent the working class...then my dad told me it got hijacked by the bourgeoise and they promised the working class all this stuff so they voted for them, then forgot about the people that put them there....it's a sad fact of life that the only decent politicians will never be politicians
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some theories suggest that there is a new 'agreement' between Gordon Brown and Tony Blair over the leadership - lets hope Blair honours his promise this time.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daveo)
Browns views are quite different even within the same party - When brown becomes leader there will be far less following the USA and there will also be no Euro - yuPEEEEE!
My votes with him then
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Really? I don't know too much about Brown... so I don't know what kind of PM he'd make! Do you think the labour party will survive the next election?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My votes with him then
Good! I only hope that Blair is ousted in time for Brown to save us.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (528)
66.75%
No (263)
33.25%

Watched Threads