This discussion is closed.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Really? I don't know too much about Brown... so I don't know what kind of PM he'd make! Do you think the labour party will survive the next election?
I think they will survive if Brown is leader and he makes his policies clear enough! I'm not sure if the prime minister is still leader!
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Good! I only hope that Blair is ousted in time for Brown to save us.
I just find it highly ironic that Blair got through University with a grant and then he gets rid of them as soon as he becomes PM, so he gets the benefit because he is older whereas we are going to be paying through the nose until we are dead
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I just find it highly ironic that Blair got through University with a grant and then he gets rid of them as soon as he becomes PM, so he gets the benefit because he is older whereas we are going to be paying through the nose until we are dead
lets be fair, not AS SOON AS (nitpicking i know tho)

it is somewhat ironic, but like i said, he makes a very good populist leader, i.e, one with liquid principles
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Some nasty person gave me bad rep for my University challenge post even though loads of people said they liked it!! And they had a large postcount so my rep is teetering on the 4/3 gems mark, that's not very nice....grrrr

Totally unrelated but everybody is being quiet
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Some nasty person gave me bad rep for my University challenge post even though loads of people said they liked it!! And they had a large postcount so my rep is teetering on the 4/3 gems mark, that's not very nice....grrrr

Totally unrelated but everybody is being quiet
what post was that?

(i would rep you, but i've already given out mine today. however, i hereby give you 'moral rep' for a good thread, lol)
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Let's hope the Government wins, as Universities desperately need more money and this is the best way of doing it.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Let's hope the Government wins, as Universities desperately need more money and this is the best way of doing it.
a binman falls over from a heart-attack, and gets rushed to hospital. he is operated on, given FREE treatment (another debate entirely), and lives. but somehow, he doesnt feels its his or anyone elses responsibility to pay his taxes to get that doctor who saved his life through uni -thats their problem.

everyone plays their part in society, and everyone should support those who help other, i.e the graduates, just as everyone pays council tax to pay the binman.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
why are binmen always the example?
aww i feel for the binmen
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
why are binmen always the example?
aww i feel for the binmen
just to illustrate the point, it helps to use percieved 'extremes', in this case doctor and binman
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
a binman falls over from a heart-attack, and gets rushed to hospital. he is operated on, given FREE treatment (another debate entirely), and lives. but somehow, he doesnt feels its his or anyone elses responsibility to pay his taxes to get that doctor who saved his life through uni -thats their problem.

everyone plays their part in society, and everyone should support those who help other, i.e the graduates, just as everyone pays council tax to pay the binman.
Yes, but the binman already does subsidise the doctor. Top up fees will mean that students now pay 1/6 of what it costs for them to do their degree. I don't see how that equates to the student getting the rough deal to be honest.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
30.77%
No (15)
57.69%
Don't know (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads