Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering if anyone else is sitting the PSYA exams in june, ive just booked in for them. Im a little nervous because I dont really know where to start with the revising, but obviously with unit 1!

Has anyone else begun revising yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting PSYA2 in june
    Did PSYA1 this january and got 78/100, not really pleased with that but i've gotta work harder for unit 2. Unit 2 is much, much harder tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing PSYA1 (it's actually in may.. early! ) and PSYA2 in june.
    and yes i started revision the other day... fun fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by don'tyouremember?)
    good luck with PSYA1!
    I was going to resit, but then thought of all the research studies I've gotta go over again and shuddered! :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    I'm sitting PSYA2 in june
    Did PSYA1 this january and got 78/100, not really pleased with that but i've gotta work harder for unit 2. Unit 2 is much, much harder tbh.
    im retaking it from last year... got 77/100 last year need 3 ****ing more to get an A 3 ****ing more.

and if you think psya2 is hard wait til psya3

ReputationRep:
    good luck with PSYA1!
    I was going to resit, but then thought of all the research studies I've gotta go over again and shuddered! :L
    tell me about it! i didn't sit in jan due to illness so have no choice. :eek:
    but yes... the research is killing me already haha.

ReputationRep:
    tell me about it! i didn't sit in jan due to illness so have no choice. :eek:
    but yes... the research is killing me already haha.
    I'm doing an essay right now. It's in for tommorow, (unit 2)
    Outline + evaluate research into obedience.
    I'll probably do it at lunch.
    Can't be bothered with Milgram at 1.16am to be honest

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an essay right now. It's in for tommorow, (unit 2)
    Outline + evaluate research into obedience.
    I'll probably do it at lunch.
    Can't be bothered with Milgram at 1.16am to be honest
    haha oh my god i did that exact essay in class today!
    love a bit of milgram.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Unit one and two in may/june!

ReputationRep:
    Thoses of you who do AS psychology from the AQA A spec. What kimd of work does your teacher set you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    Thoses of you who do AS psychology from the AQA A spec. What kimd of work does your teacher set you?
    just practise questions really.. and reading.

i was wondering what text book you all work from? we do a mixture of cardwell/flanagan and the AQA book.. and this other random one. my teacher hates the AQA book though.

ReputationRep:
    just practise questions really.. and reading.

i was wondering what text book you all work from? we do a mixture of cardwell/flanagan and the AQA book.. and this other random one. my teacher hates the AQA book though.
    We only use the books with cat on it. Complete companion during class, visual companion for revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    We only use the books with cat on it. Complete companion during class, visual companion for revision.
    yeah cardwell cat book is pretty good. although my teacher has an annoying habit of saying 'oh i don't like how it's covered in this book..' so i never know what topic i'm meant to read from what textbook.

think i'll stick with the cat book for revision... and my trusty CGP (although there seem to be some sizeable gaps, anyone else notice this?)

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, dont you remember, what did you cover in your revision for PSYA1? and what are you covering in PSYA2? im just wondering what you think is best to concentrate on because theres just so much to revise lol

ReputationRep:
    Im sitting Psya1 on May 25th I believe it is? Im a private candidate revising from home while also working so its tough to juggle.

So far have revised:

Working memory model + strengths + weaknesses
    Multistore model + strengths + weaknesses
    Loftus and Palmer EWT
    Factors affecting EWT
    Behavioural approach to attachment
    Evolutionary approach to attachment (Bowlby)
    The effects of daycare on children (attachment and development)
    Effects of institutionalisation / Privation on children
    Ainsworths strange situation (what a load of BS that is btw? measuring childrens potential development on how they react in one given situation?)

A bit on stress for paper 2, biological approach to abnormality and a few odd other things.

Im hoping im well prepared when i go in ...i try do a bit every day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    Im sitting Psya1 on May 25th I believe it is? Im a private candidate revising from home while also working so its tough to juggle.

So far have revised:

Working memory model + strengths + weaknesses
    Multistore model + strengths + weaknesses
    Loftus and Palmer EWT
    Factors affecting EWT
    Behavioural approach to attachment
    Evolutionary approach to attachment (Bowlby)
    The effects of daycare on children (attachment and development)
    Effects of institutionalisation / Privation on children
    Ainsworths strange situation (what a load of BS that is btw? measuring childrens potential development on how they react in one given situation?)

A bit on stress for paper 2, biological approach to abnormality and a few odd other things.

Im hoping im well prepared when i go in ...i try do a bit every day...
    WMM was the 12mark question for jan2011

gooooooooood luck.

ReputationRep:
    WMM was the 12mark question for jan2011

gooooooooood luck.
    You reckon it may pop up again? As im studying from home I dont really get any advice from anyone about what may pop up or not so any advice is welcome.

I saw your posts Effkay on the other thread when you did your paper but you missed out on your A I believe? Sorry to hear that,

I hope they are not so difficult with the marking for Junes papers..

ReputationRep:
    You reckon it may pop up again? As im studying from home I dont really get any advice from anyone about what may pop up or not so any advice is welcome.

I saw your posts Effkay on the other thread when you did your paper but you missed out on your A I believe? Sorry to hear that,

I hope they are not so difficult with the marking for Junes papers..
    Yes i missed out on an A by two raw marks. I got a photocopy of my paper and went through it with my teacher and said i should of got 5more marks minimum. So i've sent it off for a remark!

And no, i doubt it'll pop up again!

ReputationRep:
    Im sitting Psya1 on May 25th I believe it is? Im a private candidate revising from home while also working so its tough to juggle...
    Imin exactly the same boat, studying from home and doing the exam on may 25th and not even begun my revision yet, i jus dont know where to begin, and im so tired all the time, my work means me doing all three shifts days, nights and afters all over the shot lol, n its awful trying to revise when your tired.

I also am looking for advice as i have no outside help obviously so would also appreciate any advice

ReputationRep:
    ohh also have you revise research methods coz isnt it a part of unit 1, AS?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.