Turn on thread page Beta

Being completely ignored, have no idea what i have done wrong :( watch

Im in my second year of college and over this time ive drifted from most of my high school friends so much so that i've only been in contact with 1 of them over the past few weeks, she used to be my best friend but because we are at different colleges she has got really close with another girl and in a sense has replaced me. Ive been texting her over the past week however i have not been receiving any replies and i know there is nothing wrong with her phone or anything like that she is just choosing not to reply i guess, so what should i do? I dont want to be clingy as it's apparent Im not seen as her close friend anymore as she is going on holiday with 7 other girls in August and i was not invited and other events have been organised which im not invited to.
    So should i just leave it and move on? I mean it wouldn't be that big of an issue but it's just the fact i don't even have any close friends in College to spend the Summer with or anything. So i will be working most of my Summer away with hardly any fun which is quite sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im in my second year of college and over this time ive drifted from most of my high school friends so much so that i've only been in contact with 1 of them over the past few weeks, she used to be my best friend but because we are at different colleges she has got really close with another girl and in a sense has replaced me. Ive been texting her over the past week however i have not been receiving any replies and i know there is nothing wrong with her phone or anything like that she is just choosing not to reply i guess, so what should i do? I dont want to be clingy as it's apparent Im not seen as her close friend anymore as she is going on holiday with 7 other girls in August and i was not invited and other events have been organised which im not invited to.
    So should i just leave it and move on? I mean it wouldn't be that big of an issue but it's just the fact i don't even have any close friends in College to spend the Summer with or anything. So i will be working most of my Summer away with hardly any fun which is quite sad
    Leave it for a month, then write on her wall or inbox her on facebook or something. If your worried about no friends, just try and do activities outside of college that you enjoy, like music or a sport team, meet people with mutual interest from there.

ReputationRep:
    aww chin up!I'm sure you're a lovely girl and you'll have no problem making new friends

Yeah is suppose it's just the situation is quite depressing i'm sure the period after summer is over should be fine, it's just im gonna be spending this Summer alone which is quite sad considering i will be moving to Uni after it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah is suppose it's just the situation is quite depressing i'm sure the period after summer is over should be fine, it's just im gonna be spending this Summer alone which is quite sad considering i will be moving to Uni after it.
    If your moving to uni aftwerwards, then summer is the perfect time to reinvent yourself, have a fresh start. Get really prepared for uni! There is always your fam as well

yeah i suppose i will be using that time to sort myself out and stuff. My family however is so dysfunctional, i can't rely on them for anything, they're not available to give me support or such, it's a long story so i won't go into it. But yeah i kinda saw my old best friend as a sister or something, so it is hard to get over the fact she is just ditching me...

ReputationRep:
    leave her to it. the reality of things is that most/lots of people move on from highschool friends when they go to college/uni/get a proper job anyway. everyone grows up and develops their life experience away from eachother anyway. you don't want to be seen as clingy or desperate so just try and find yourself new friends at college. i know it's easy to say and it's hard to do from someone who's supposed to be your best friend, but if she's expanding her friend group and getting closer to others you should too

Yeah Im trying to get closer to people but to be honest i think it's much too late in the day, exams are round the corner and so hardly anyone is organising any parties etc... that i could possibly go to and try and mingle with people plus everyone is too preoccupied with sorting out Uni stuff....

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I know that summers without friends can really suck... (that's why I would always choose to have roommates, just in case)
    But also, you shouldn't be clingy. Try seeing it from her point of view. She simply doesn't feel connected to you anymore and probably thinks it's pointless to start texting...

Not quite sure what the difference between college/uni is...but if it's a new place/thing, then it's fantastic. Just try to enjoy your summer somehow.Get some video games , see movies...just try getting the idea that you're sad out of your head. Because that's really what's hurting you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.