Turn on thread page Beta

How do I put a holiday job on my CV? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I had a part time job during my A levels which I now go back to just for the holidays. How do I put the dates I worked there on my CV? Do I list them as May 2007-Sept 2008, Dec 2008-Jan 2009, Apr 2009-May 2009 ect. which would take up a lot of room, or do I put as 2007-2011 which wouldn't strictly be true as I officially quit at the beginning of each term?

Also, I have to email my CV and a cover letter to someone. What do I put in the body of the email and how do I start and finish it? Do I start with "Dear Ms. ..." and end with "Yours Sincerely" as though it is a letter or is there some other way of doing emails?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

ReputationRep:
    I'd put the dates together, just as long as you mention it is a part time job there is no problem in it. And yes, I would still write emails very formal.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by emi_sarb)
    I had a part time job during my A levels which I now go back to just for the holidays. How do I put the dates I worked there on my CV? Do I list them as May 2007-Sept 2008, Dec 2008-Jan 2009, Apr 2009-May 2009 ect. which would take up a lot of room, or do I put as 2007-2011 which wouldn't strictly be true as I officially quit at the beginning of each term?

Also, I have to email my CV and a cover letter to someone. What do I put in the body of the email and how do I start and finish it? Do I start with "Dear Ms. ..." and end with "Yours Sincerely" as though it is a letter or is there some other way of doing emails?

Thank you to anyone who can help.
    Put 2007-11 and then under a bullet point put something constructive like Consistently re-hired every school holiday for 12 consecutive holidays

The email should be something along the lines of

Dear [what ever name you have]

Please find attached my CV and covering letter in application for the [whatever] job as advertised in [wherever]. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks

Emi Sarb

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.