Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would this person know I'd been looking at their wall? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I found them 2 days on Facebook and have seen their profile a few times. Tonight though I've noticed that they've hidden their wall (I'd been looking at some of their statuses). Is there any way for people to know who's viewed their profile?

ReputationRep:
    Short answer; No

ReputationRep:
    It just seems strange though because I wouldn't have thought there was a particular reason for them to hide it now.

ReputationRep:
    If they didn't want you looking at their wall they would just delete you.

ReputationRep:
    No, they can't know, it goes against the privacy rules that Facebook has.

ReputationRep:
    No, people don't know when you've been on their page. Well, I hope not

(Original post by Liam 09)
    Short answer; No
    So there is a way? I really don't want the guy I like to know I've been looking at his pics / wall at least once a week. :s
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, if people could find out how often you visit their page... I'd be screwed

ReputationRep:
    My god the mafia are after you :zomg:

It's time to leg it or you'll be in deep sh*t for perving on people's facebook pages... run!

Ahem. :ninja: As said above, no.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Lol, I get it.

I thought you literally meant, a wall.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably have a restraining order by now if they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sondla)
    I found them 2 days on Facebook and have seen their profile a few times. Tonight though I've noticed that they've hidden their wall (I'd been looking at some of their statuses). Is there any way for people to know who's viewed their profile?

No, they can't know. About 50 of my 500 friends can actually see my wall. I keep everyone else on limited profile. The reason you probably could see it and now you can't is that he got around to adding you to the group of people who can't see his wall.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nope unless you've been liking statuses from like 2 weeks ago they can't possibly know

ReputationRep:
    No, thank God.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if facebook was like Myspace and hi5. were it would give you notifications every time someone looked at your profile and would show how many profile views you've had.

I would leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    Trust me, if people could find out how often you visit their page... I'd be screwed
    We all would be :eek:

ReputationRep:
    If you left semen, yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.