This discussion is closed.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
This is first time male pass rate for the the centre near my mate.
Have you seen the statistics because I dont believe it can be that low.

I think the national pass rate first time is 39%ish
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Have you seen the statistics because I dont believe it can be that low.

I think the national pass rate first time is 39%ish
I did do a long reply bust lost it due to a server time out (I did copy it but then copied somthing else by accident).

Anyway I've not seen it written down my mate told me this. However I don't know a single person out of people I know who have got licences who have passed first time, quite a few have had 3-5 tests.

My driving instructor said Manchester is a hard place to pass in though especialy south Manchester due to combination of fast moving dual carriege ways and chucka block traffic (like most big cities really).

I just didn't have much motivation for driving as I can't afford it and since I spend most my time in the city centre even if I had a car I would end up using the bus more often anyway. Plus its £3 a day to park at uni and they are getting rid of one of their car parks.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did do a long reply bust lost it due to a server time out (I did copy it but then copied somthing else by accident).

Anyway I've not seen it written down my mate told me this. However I don't know a single person out of people I know who have got licences who have passed first time, quite a few have had 3-5 tests.

My driving instructor said Manchester is a hard place to pass in though especialy south Manchester due to combination of fast moving dual carriege ways and chucka block traffic (like most big cities really).

I just didn't have much motivation for driving as I can't afford it and since I spend most my time in the city centre even if I had a car I would end up using the bus more often anyway. Plus its £3 a day to park at uni and they are getting rid of one of their car parks.
My friend took her test in Rochdale and had a ridiculously lenient examiner and passed first time, maybe you should go there
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my dad wouldn't let me get in a car with him for fear of near misses. Hence why I refused to book driving lessons (hands up, I freely admit to being a stupid teen). boy i regret it now... i'm so poor but must learn to drive by the summer
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
My friend took her test in Rochdale and had a ridiculously lenient examiner and passed first time, maybe you should go there
hehe yeah its 25 miles away from me (otherside of Greater Manchester) but I have thoght about going some where a bit quieter when it comes to taking my test though. My biggest fear of driving though would be my tendency to lack concentration. I would not be able to live with myself if I ran somebody over.
chrisbphd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
How many near misses have you had whilst driving? Ive had 4 since the beginning of december(when I passed my test).
1st - overtaking a cyclist, car pulled out of a junction and headed my way whilst i was half way around him, had to break and swerve back in almost whacking the cyclist out.
2nd - coming up to a quiet mini roundabout, the silly cow in the other car obviously didnt realise it was priority to the right(or that i was on the right) went straight over the roundabout whilst I was turning right, had to break in the middle of the roundabout to avoid a collision
3rd - going straight on at a double lane mini roundabout, car in the right hand lane went around the round about swerved straight into my lane, almost whacking out my front end
4th - happened today, theres a turning which is really sharp and big enough for about, 2 fiat puntos to fit through, I was about to go round only to noticed there was a big lorry emerging from the trees, I had to take the corner REALLY tightly, the car was 'sliding' and there was this horrid noise coming from the tyres.

These are my near misses so far, Im bound to have more, all of my friends that are driving have also had many near misses/70% have already had accidents.

What about yours?
I like the way absolutely all of these happen to be somebody/something else's fault. Of course, you are a perfect driver having only passed your test a month or so.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
My friend took her test in an easier place, its just country roads, and she messed up bay parking, asked to do it again, let her, and she passed..shes a terrible driver, and has had 3 crashes..Id recommened taking your test in a place that requires you to be a good driver, rather than taking the easy route, as it doesnt pay in the long run.
Barny
Rep:
?
(Original post by chrisbphd)
I like the way absolutely all of these happen to be somebody/something else's fault. Of course, you are a perfect driver having only passed your test a month or so.
Im pretty good though, Id say the only thing I lack is experience, and, the 4th near miss was totally my fault, as I was going too fast, and was in the wrong gear, but - thats experience. Now go suck a penis, thanks.
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im pretty good though, Id say the only thing I lack is experience, and, the 4th near miss was totally my fault, as I was going too fast, and was in the wrong gear, but - thats experience. Now go suck a penis, thanks.
Handbags at 5 paces! I have been driving for 18 months and haven't had so much as a near miss or an upset driver behind me.
Barny
Rep:
?
(Original post by chrisbphd)
Handbags at 5 paces! I have been driving for 18 months and haven't had so much as a near miss or an upset driver behind me.
Lucky you...its only a matter of time, I dont know ANYONE who hasnt had an accident of some form or the other.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My friend took her test in an easier place, its just country roads, and she messed up bay parking, asked to do it again, let her, and she passed..shes a terrible driver, and has had 3 crashes..Id recommened taking your test in a place that requires you to be a good driver, rather than taking the easy route, as it doesnt pay in the long run.
I've had plenty of city driving experince believe me, I had about 60 lessons! I just get really really nervous easily but in the open country I will be much more at ease and when I come to driving in the city I've already done it.

I just don't think I would be a good driver though. I would be sensible and never speed or drink drive but thats enough. Lets just say in real life I am have a reputaton for being slightly dopey.
Barny
Rep:
?
I've had plenty of city driving experince believe me, I had about 60 lessons! I just get really really nervous easily but in the open country I will be much more at ease and when I come to driving in the city I've already done it.

I just don't think I would be a good driver though. I would be sensible and never speed or drink drive but thats enough. Lets just say in real life I am have a reputaton for being slightly dopey.
I dont understand why you get so nervous??
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont understand why you get so nervous??
Its probably just a mental problem, I hated driving lessons so much. If i had a driving lesson on a friday I would start to worry about it and dread it from about Wednesday.

When I finally decided early last year that enough was enough I was so much happier it was like a huge lifted over my shoulders. I even tried Kalms tablets but they didn't really help much.
Barny
Rep:
?
Its probably just a mental problem, I hated driving lessons so much. If i had a driving lesson on a friday I would start to worry about it and dread it from about Wednesday.

When I finally decided early last year that enough was enough I was so much happier it was like a huge lifted over my shoulders. I even tried Kalms tablets but they didn't really help much.
I hated driving lessons too, but not because of nerves, they were a pain in the arse basically, I just want to get my test out of the way with. When I passed my test I was very relieved, but Im not sure if thats because of the test or the whole process
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hated driving lessons too, but not because of nerves, they were a pain in the arse basically, I just want to get my test out of the way with. When I passed my test I was very relieved, but Im not sure if thats because of the test or the whole process
I think the biggest problem for me was timing as I didn't and still don't need to drive or have a car.I am hoping if I ever need a car I can take my test and pass with just a few refresher lessons.

Driving is like riding the bike. The joke is I could drive anywhere now and be 100% save I can drive perfectly just not with the instructor there. ( I did a little experiment to proove this but it wasn't exactly legal).

I turned my mates car round in the street and I was the only person in the car, I did it perfectly, in a driving lesson I would have messed it up.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im learning to drive and i really enjoy lessons. Infact when i first started i really couldn't wait until my next one. I used to feel a bit nervous at first, i hate it when u stall at lights and realise that everyone behind u is pissed because u make them wait. Now i feel totally in control when im driving.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think the biggest problem for me was timing as I didn't and still don't need to drive or have a car.I am hoping if I ever need a car I can take my test and pass with just a few refresher lessons.

Driving is like riding the bike. The joke is I could drive anywhere now and be 100% save I can drive perfectly just not with the instructor there. ( I did a little experiment to proove this but it wasn't exactly legal).

I turned my mates car round in the street and I was the only person in the car, I did it perfectly, in a driving lesson I would have messed it up.

You'll get there you probably have the wrong instructor it took me 3 to get one that was right for me and then I moved but luckily I clicked with my fourth one. It took me ages to pass my test but it was confidence I am a good driver I only got 2 minors on my test.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (243)
61.83%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.58%
No- I want it (106)
26.97%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.62%

Watched Threads