Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Need to make these ingredients last 2 weeks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I should list them but what should I eat/make with it to make it all last? I have to make it last around two weeks..

-half a pack of chocolate digestives
    -2 packets of flavoured rice
    -portion of white rice
    -bag of pasta
    -mayonnaise
    -ketchup
    -lettuce
    -1 onion
    -plain flour
    -tin of tuna
    -one apple
    -half a cucumber
    -a bit of milk
    -carton of tomato soup
    -pure orange juice
    -can of rice pudding
    -small block of cheese
    -flavoured yoghurts
    -margerine
    -crumpets -12 of them
    -half a tin of spaghetti
    -tinned tomatoes
    -9 slices of bread

I also have things like soy sauce, oil, some honey, cocoa powder, thai sweet chilli sauce, garlic and salt and sugar etc

Also I usually skip breakfast, and also have some cooked minced meat that I made today (probably a portion and a half left)

What can I make?

ReputationRep:
    Pasta.
    Toasties
    Rice

Otherwise, you're screwed for two weeks?!

What happened in money terms?

ReputationRep:
    Tuna sandwiches
    Pasta
    Crumpets with honey

But you sound like you're in island surviving with just that, what about your money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Tuna sandwiches
    Pasta
    Crumpets with honey

But you sound like you're in island surviving with just that, what about your money?
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Pasta.
    Toasties
    Rice

Otherwise, you're screwed for two weeks?!

What happened in money terms?

I have 5£ in my account.. I can't withdraw it. I planned to top up my oyster with it incase I need to go somewhere :ninja: My loan installment should come through in two weeks so I need to make this last till then!!

EDIT: incase anyone says 'Get a job': I HAVE been looking, it's just providing awfully difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I have 5£ in my account.. I can't withdraw it. I planned to top up my oyster with it incase I need to go somewhere :ninja: My loan installment should come through in two weeks so I need to make this last till then!!
    Ah the joys of being a uni student :moon:

Tbh I don't think it'll last for two weeks. Looks like you'll have to fast for some days or beg your friends to give some food. Depends on your pride

ReputationRep:
    Just scrounge a few quid for some pasta and eat it on its own if you run out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

EDIT: incase anyone says 'Get a job': I HAVE been looking, it's just providing awfully difficult.
    Get money from parents, or ask your flatmates for food.

ReputationRep:
    large trifle

ReputationRep:
    You're screwed.
    Eat the things that'll go off first otherwise you're wasting
    Unless you're willing to eat mould?

EDIT: Rice expands so it should last you a while.
    Rice with soy sauce

Just spend the £5 on smart price stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    Just scrounge a few quid for some pasta and eat it on its own if you run out.
    I have pasta and rice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racheld25)
    You're screwed.

Rice with soy sauce

Need it for my oyster aaah idk

ReputationRep:
    Cheese sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, lettuce + cucumber salad, spaghetti, pasta + tomatoes (make a sauce out of it). Cant do anything with the rice but eat it on its own. They would be tasteless but at least you won't starve for a week, the most.

ReputationRep:
    It could be worse

you have a bag of pasta- wouldn't that be enough for you for about 4 days for dinner?
    so pasta with a sauce you'll make from the tinned tomatoes and the onion. (add salt and pepper or anything else you want).

rice and soy sauce for some days.

you can make a salad for lunch. lettuce, tuna, cucumber and mayonnaise.

eat the apple for breakfast one day.

and when things get tough these 2 weeks, you can always skip meals. dont make dinner or lunch but when you get hungry, eat a crumpet or two, a yoghurt, toast with margarine, digestives etc.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks <3 I've never tried rice with soy sauce lol :\ i will now though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racheld25)
    You're screwed.

Rice with soy sauce

Expands before being cooked or after? I'm confused haha. I have uncooked rice.. about two portions worth of plain boiling rice, and two packets of flavoured rice i'm not sure if it's mushroom or curry flavoured or what..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Expands before being cooked or after? I'm confused haha. I have uncooked rice.. about two portions worth of plain boiling rice, and two packets of flavoured rice i'm not sure if it's mushroom or curry flavoured or what..
    Rice lasts for ages because it expands once its been cooked. You always cook more than you need.
    It sort of blows up, and is really filling :P
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I would suggest asking here. They'll know exactly how to make meals from nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Cheese scones. And you could make a very basic pasta sauce with the onion, tomatoes and some herbs. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    How much pasta have you got? The tin of tuna will do two portions (I got two from a tin earlier and it was more than enough for two people).

Skip a meal. You could even get away with one meal a day but that's pushing it. Use some pasta and tinned tomatoes for a few meals (half a tin = 1 meal) and you could put some tuna (quarter of a tin) with the pasta for a few more meals.

ReputationRep:
    That won't last you two weeks, one at the max.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.