Turn on thread page Beta

I just feel like he's out of my league :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I know 'leagues' aren't real and are stupid, but it's the best way I can describe it. He's popular, handsome, in with the cool crowd, plays those 'laddish' (ghastly word) sports, has a load of interesting pastimes etc. I'm pretty sure he likes me, but we've just kissed and i'm thinking about stopping contact and forgetting about it because I feel really... plain in comparison.

I'm a wee bit cute so I think it's just my looks that's reeled him in initially, and i'd really rather not have the self esteem crush of him finding out that I have like... no hobbies/sports interests, and only really like hanging out with friends and that vapid stuff, and then be all, 'erm... you're dull, no thanks'. It's easier not being someone's type physically, rather than being told you're boring

I dunno, i'm just asking if other girls have been in this situation, and how to snap out of it, because I'm aware it's stupid, especially when you're both adults!

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    There are no leagues!!! Go talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    The Premier league is real

ReputationRep:
    sure it's fine not everyones into sports etc so just because you don my have "hobbies" as such doesn't mean you aren't interesting

ReputationRep:
    Funbags are never dull.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    One person is no more important than another person. You're right with your first assumption (that leagues aren't real and are stupid).

I am fully aware of what you mean though, and I'm sorry I haven't much advice, other than...well...you only get one life, so take chances

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Go talk to him, you have nothing to loose (other than getting knocked back and that happens to me all the time)

ReputationRep:
    As you said yourself, snap the hell out of it. You kissed! Don't give up because you have low self esteem about this, c'mon!

ReputationRep:
    erm most guys don't care about... 'hobbies'.... you're cute? that's enough

ReputationRep:
    tell him you feel that you're outta his league, he'll love that and also will give you a chance to see his reaction and whether he likes you or not girls think more about this kinda stuff, if he likes you he likes you, he wont think he deserves more unless hes a cocky arrogant ****!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you have way more personality than you give yoursef credit for! It half sounds like you're tryng to find something that you have in common with him... Come on, try it out here:

I'm Lillie: What kind of things do you do in your spare time? (TSR and Facebook is not an option haha) How do you entertain yourself when you're not around friends? What sort of things do you look forward to each year? Holidays? Gigs? Festivals? Weekends away? Travelling?

Come oonnnn you can do it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by I'm Lillie)
    Ugh I know 'leagues' aren't real and are stupid, but it's the best way I can describe it. He's popular, handsome, in with the cool crowd, plays those 'laddish' (ghastly word) sports, has a load of interesting pastimes etc. I'm pretty sure he likes me, but we've just kissed and i'm thinking about stopping contact and forgetting about it because I feel really... plain in comparison.

I'm a wee bit cute so I think it's just my looks that's reeled him in initially, and i'd really rather not have the self esteem crush of him finding out that I have like... no hobbies/sports interests, and only really like hanging out with friends and that vapid stuff, and then be all, 'erm... you're dull, no thanks'. It's easier not being someone's type physically, rather than being told you're boring

I dunno, i'm just asking if other girls have been in this situation, and how to snap out of it, because I'm aware it's stupid, especially when you're both adults!

Thanks!!
    This is exactly how I feel about my bf sometimes. You should see me trying to get along with his friends, most of who I have nothing in common with. :teehee:

You have to have a little confidence in yourself. If your looks reeled him in, you're obviously in his league. Don't go breaking up with him just because you think you're not good enough for him or because you don't share the same hobbies. Having things in common doesn't necessarily make you automatically compatible with eachother... and not having things in common doesn't make you incompatible! As long as you enjoy being in eachother's company, it's all good. So quit worrying and give him a chance!

ReputationRep:
    if you;re that bothered, you could take up some hobbies? find some interests?

ReputationRep:
    ahahahaha you sound exactly like me :')

ReputationRep:
    Awwwww thank you everyone, weirdly all these replies are actually really reassuring! I suppose i've got nothing to lose... just worried that i'll feel terrible when/if he decides i'm really uninteresting! I might give it a shot anyway

Haha just read through the replies again, so lovely...!!

ReputationRep:
    It's worth finding out for sure, rather than letting him go and forever regret what could have been..

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    you dont like this guy. seriously, sports, popular and handsome??? cmon there must be hundred boys that meet all 3 conditions in your uni or school.

no leagues when you like or love a person. date more. you will know. thats called a crazy little thing called love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm Lillie)

Thanks!!
    wee bit cute?

anyway... it affects everyone including adults! ask him out... what you got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    If he's got lots of interesting pastimes, then take an interest in those, you might find one that you like and can do as a couple thing with him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.