Turn on thread page Beta

How to tell someone nicely to back off!! watch

A few months ago I drunkenly kissed my housemate. The next day I told him that I only saw him as a friend (although he wanted to pursue it futher). Our friendship went back to being relatively normal until a few weeks ago when I met someone else on a night out.
    Now every time I get home he is quizzing me about where I've been and with who and what I did. At first I thought it was because he was concerned for me but now its just getting annoying!
    More recently when he's really drunk he will keep on asking me whether he stands a chance with me again and whether he 'can be next in the queue' and acts all sleazy around me and makes me feel really cheap, dirty and guilty for going out and having a good time. And its starting to get me down.
    I have made it quite clear on many occassions I see him as no more than a friend but this behaviour is making our day to day relationship (and the general feeling in the house) strained and awkward.
    I would like to know how to tell him to back off, but in a nice way so as not to create even more of an atmosphere in the house and so I dont hurt his feelings!
    Thanks!

Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    He is disrespecting you. You don't need to be polite.

ReputationRep:
    xx

It's difficult to confront him without creating any more tension in the house, I would really like to know why he is doing this though. Im glad people don't think I'm over reacting to the situation, which was my initial thought! Sometimes I think that I am too nice.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a major tool tbh. Talk to him about it when he's sober and tell him this behaviour is not acceptable x

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him to grow up he hasn't got a chance

ReputationRep:
    Tell him that kissing him was a drunken mistake, never happening again, and tell him to back right off. He's making living with you awkward as hell, you do not need to be polite here.

Thanks guys if it happens again I will have to speak up! It's weird because when he's sober (and not constantly questioning me) he is a nice guy!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.