Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    All the ones I've gotten just always fall apart so easily and quickly. This might be due to my terrible selection or just my careless handling of them but I really need a new pair right now.

What ones under £30 should I get that'd work the best for endurance?

ReputationRep:
    Sennheiser CX300-II

Go direct so you don't get fake ones.

Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Sennheiser CX300-II

Enjoy.
    These?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-I...0400675&sr=8-1

ReputationRep:
    Don't get Sennhieser, they're crap. One of mine went dead after like 3 months.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This thread comes up all the time and the answer will always be these

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-EP-...0400989&sr=8-1

They used to be cheaper than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Sennheiser CX300-II

Enjoy.

(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    This thread comes up all the time and the answer will always be these
    YES. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-I...0400976&sr=8-3 for EARphones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivineIntervention)
    YES. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-I...0400976&sr=8-3 for EARphones.
    But those have quite a bit of reviews saying that they don't last... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)
    Check the ratio, most of em are fine. Mine are still fine, decent sound definately worth the money. If they brake they are guarunteed for ...a while (I think).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They don't, but if you're careful they can last for more than a year.

They're that cheap for a reason...

ReputationRep:
    All the ones I've gotten just always fall apart so easily and quickly. This might be due to my terrible selection or just my careless handling of them but I really need a new pair right now.

What ones under £30 should I get that'd work the best for endurance?
    Buy some tenner ones, 30quid? ****ing mental if you were gunna spend that much

ReputationRep:
    I also say Sennheiser CX-300s. That said, I'm on my second pair after 3 months. The left earphone broke for some reason and I took good care of them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm yet to find a cheap pair of earphones which last for a long time. I've had Skullcandy, Sennheiser, Sony, JVC, iLuv... they're all stopped working over time. Personally, I just go for these really cheap Gumy earphones by JVC, they have reasonably good sound quality, fit in your ear nicely, come in a variety of colours and they're really good value for money. I've had a pair for around 3 months now, after my £25 skullcandy ones broke after less than a month.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Gumy-Hea...0401848&sr=1-4

Sennheiser have really good sound quality (for the price anyway), but I'm not promising they'll be really durable. If you want good build quality, you generally have to pay more.

ReputationRep:
    My standard iPod touch earphones have lasted over two years. I would just go for them.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my Sennheiser CX-300s for almost 3 years and they're still good, just not so white anymore, and they are just starting to burn out. I've bought another pair I like them so much.

So yea, my advice is Sennheiser CX-300s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stayd001)
    My standard iPod touch earphones have lasted over two years. I would just go for them.
    Lol.

Once you switch, you will never go back to the abomination that is, the iPod earphone.

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty hard on mine (I go through 4 or 5 pairs a year - heavy use while i'm working). For sound quality and fit I used to love sony ex71sl's, nothing sony has made to replace them compares. I still buy fake ones for the fit.
    Otherwise my favourites are skullcandy titans the fit is terrible, as they always fall out but considering that and how I always ending dragging them on the floor they have lasted the longest, sound quality is alright when they're in! Where most last me 2 - 3 months including expensive ones, they lasted me 6.
    I have tried cx-300s and I wasn't impressed, they didn't last very long with my use of them! If I was going to buy some new ones tomorrow i'd get titans, especially when you can find cheapish ones on play.com

ReputationRep:
    Go for the CX 500

ReputationRep:
    I've had my CX 300's for two years as long as you look after them, they will last.

ReputationRep:
    Klipsch K2s. Skip the senns unless you're a fan of their bassy sound signature.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.