The Student Room Group

Shaven or unshaven?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone works in a bank, is it acceptable to have abit of tidy stubble i.e. 3/4 days worth or should you be clean shaven? Not aimed at any particular division just in general

Scroll to see replies

lol I thought this thread was going to be about something else

:ninja:
Reply 2
Thread disappointment.
Original post by rugbyladosc
lol I thought this thread was going to be about something else

I think we all did.
haha sorry to disappoint! I did mean facial hair, i have worked in a bank before and nothing would be mentioned but wanted to hear peoples opinions. Its not im lazy to shave i just hate the feeling.
Original post by john williams
haha sorry to disappoint! I did mean facial hair, i have worked in a bank before and nothing would be mentioned but wanted to hear peoples opinions. Its not im lazy to shave i just hate the feeling.

If I was you I would grow it and see if your boss/manager has a problem.
I like a little bit of stubble, but tidy stubble, not messy :]
I think we're all secretly a little bit disappointed with this thread.
Do shave your beaver. Wait a sec...
Reply 9
I should imagine that so long as you maintain a tidy appearance there'll be no problems.
Reply 10
Misleading thread title is misleading.

:ninja:
Reply 11
am i the only one who actually knew it was about facial hair?
i didn't even think twice until i read the comments haha.
dirty people...
OP, shaven :smile:
Be a man, shave and buy some moisturiser.
Reply 13
Original post by ktlaurenroe
I think we're all secretly a little bit disappointed with this thread.

Agreed.
Reply 14
Original post by xStaceyy
am i the only one who actually knew it was about facial hair?
i didn't even think twice until i read the comments haha.
dirty people...
OP, shaven :smile:

I knew, but only because it was in "Investment Banking and Consultancy" instead of H&R.
You're definitely better off clean shaven if you work anywhere in the city, there's no doubt about that.

By having stubble/facial hair you are simply taking the risk of some people disliking you. Obviously if it's tidy rather than messy, the risk is smaller, but it still exists.

If we are talking banking FO (or indeed any other client-facing in the city) then it's quite a significant risk. In other business areas in the city... it can be a very minor risk... and if the job isn't that cutthroat then maybe it doesn't matter if people don't like you.
i heard the rick ross look is catching on
Reply 17
By having stubble/facial hair you are simply taking the risk of some people disliking you

Except Asian chicks. They like it hairy.... :lttd:
Reply 18
Original post by coconut trader
Be a man, shave and buy some moisturiser.

How would that make him "be a man"? Men have beards, women and children do not - so shaving would make him . . . a little girl. :confused:
Reply 19
shaven. totally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending