Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Photography/Video Documentry Abroad Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,
    I graduated last year from Photography and Video and I'm trying to put together a travel plan/documentry subject abroad I can do this summer starting June til whenever the money runs out.
    I am looking for people really who are interested in doing documentry work or travelling with 'A Mission'. I'm really interested in culture and people/animals and would love to see where myself and others end up around the world, meeting new people, getting their life stories ect. I have a few ideas about what to do, but I can't find any like-minded people who are on the same wavelength, only people who wanna go abroad and get drunk. Now I'm not saying I don't wanna go out there and have fun, but I wanna come back with a project that I can put together and be proud of.

I've tried looking into lots of volunteering websites but I can't find anything where I'll be able to do this, and when I have it's been too expensive.

Anyway just message back if this is something you'd wanna do, or any ideas/tips ect I'd be very very grateful

Many Thanks

HayleyHorton.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hayley im kind of intrested, all depending on the money side though... Im studying television and film at uni.. have you got a rough idea on the subject you want to look at or are you still looking into things?

Plus its nice to see someone intrested in doing what you are looking to, all I see is people wanting to get drunk lol, not that I dont like getting drunk :P but its not all a holidays about!!
    Samuel

ReputationRep:
    I have ideas for you both. You may rent a garden for summer, 5 £ per day per person. And travel around as you would like, from your tents you'll place overthere. I'll give you map and tell what and where. Best of all if there were about 6-12 such persons as you, so that you could hire local mini-bus driver, several of them live next street. Having a tent camp, inexpensive transport you'll be able to travel around and make your Documentory Abroad. Cause exactly you'll finally choose where to travel today, where to go tomorrow, and where to go next week, and so on. In the morning, in the evening, whereever you like.
    Although I'll be quite busy myself at June, but anyway if you'll need I'll find you smb of my relatives who will help you overthere and look after you.

ReputationRep:
    sounds amazing but i got no money haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.