Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls generally not complement men/their boyfriends........? watch

It seems like men are forever complementing girls/ their girlfriends or whatever but yuo never seem to hear it the other way round. Is that generally cos women tend to need constant reassurance. I mean men tend to get insecure as well right?

ReputationRep:
    they do.....you're just ugly :/

ReputationRep:
    Because they're selfish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It seems like men are forever complementing girls/ their girlfriends or whatever but yuo never seem to hear it the other way round. Is that generally cos women tend to need constant reassurance. I mean men tend to get insecure as well right?
    Its just you pal.

ReputationRep:
    i compliment my bf all the time XD more than he does me haha :P
    but yeah probably cos us girls are useless and get insecure and plus we love hearing it, you have to admit, it's a nice thing to hear don't know why girls wouldn't compliment back, never really thought about it before tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int92)
    This

ReputationRep:
    I'm always telling him I love his hair and his sense of humour...

ReputationRep:
    I got really excited that you might have actually used the word 'complement' correctly in the title and this would be a semi-interesting thread about people who are radically different being in a relationship. Apparently not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing a bloke now. I always tell him how hot he is, how cool his hair is and how clever he is. I have to stop myself from doing it as it makes me sound like an idiot.
    He on the other hand compliments me in a more measured way. Damn being measured. Gush those compliments and worship me, fool!

ReputationRep:
    I do, it may not mean as much as it does to a girl but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    I got really excited that you might have actually used the word 'complement' correctly in the title and this would be a semi-interesting thread about people who are radically different being in a relationship. Apparently not.
    Hahaha same.

ReputationRep:
    I get complimented?

Maybe you just look like ET? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i compliment guys all the time it is only polite

ReputationRep:
    I compliment my boyfriend aaall the time. Just nice to let him know he's appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I do!!

(Original post by int92)
    No i do get told im handsome sometimes but I normally hear men cmplementing women instead. Sorry to disappoint u

ReputationRep:
    Cos there's nothing to compliment?

ReputationRep:
    Mine does

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry what? :lolwut:
    I always compliment my guy friend, makes them feel better and when they feel better, I would feel better too. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i do it all the timee like to make sure he knows i appreciate him!

its pretty equal in my relationship tbh, maybe its just your relationships?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.