Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do girls generally not complement men/their boyfriends........? watch

It seems like men are forever complementing girls/ their girlfriends or whatever but yuo never seem to hear it the other way round. Is that generally cos women tend to need constant reassurance. I mean men tend to get insecure as well right?

ReputationRep:
    they do.....you're just ugly :/

ReputationRep:
    Because they're selfish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It seems like men are forever complementing girls/ their girlfriends or whatever but yuo never seem to hear it the other way round. Is that generally cos women tend to need constant reassurance. I mean men tend to get insecure as well right?
    Its just you pal.

ReputationRep:
    i compliment my bf all the time XD more than he does me haha :P
    but yeah probably cos us girls are useless and get insecure and plus we love hearing it, you have to admit, it's a nice thing to hear don't know why girls wouldn't compliment back, never really thought about it before tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int92)
    This

ReputationRep:
    I'm always telling him I love his hair and his sense of humour...

ReputationRep:
    I got really excited that you might have actually used the word 'complement' correctly in the title and this would be a semi-interesting thread about people who are radically different being in a relationship. Apparently not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing a bloke now. I always tell him how hot he is, how cool his hair is and how clever he is. I have to stop myself from doing it as it makes me sound like an idiot.
    He on the other hand compliments me in a more measured way. Damn being measured. Gush those compliments and worship me, fool!

ReputationRep:
    I do, it may not mean as much as it does to a girl but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    I got really excited that you might have actually used the word 'complement' correctly in the title and this would be a semi-interesting thread about people who are radically different being in a relationship. Apparently not.
    Hahaha same.

ReputationRep:
    I get complimented?

Maybe you just look like ET? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i compliment guys all the time it is only polite

ReputationRep:
    I compliment my boyfriend aaall the time. Just nice to let him know he's appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I do!!

(Original post by int92)
    No i do get told im handsome sometimes but I normally hear men cmplementing women instead. Sorry to disappoint u

ReputationRep:
    Cos there's nothing to compliment?

ReputationRep:
    Mine does

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry what? :lolwut:
    I always compliment my guy friend, makes them feel better and when they feel better, I would feel better too. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i do it all the timee like to make sure he knows i appreciate him!

its pretty equal in my relationship tbh, maybe its just your relationships?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.