Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls generally not complement men/their boyfriends........? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always get complimented, it's definitely just you.

ReputationRep:
    I always compliment my boyfriend. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Of course we compliment our boyfriends, but I think many girls decide not to do it a lot for fear of being seen as 'clingy' or something. Girls compliment their men a lot in more subtle ways as well; boosting their egos.

Also, being complimented all the time is very off-putting. Occasional compliments can be nice; but its much better to have a partner who'll challenge and match you - who you can banter with - than someone who'll shower you with compliments and think you're the best thing since sliced bread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've noticed this too. Weird huh.

ReputationRep:
    i a man was my boyfriend then i'd be more inclined to compliment him.
    i feel sometimes that complimenting a man too much who isn't your boyfriend is a bit weird and might freak them out.
    maybe i'm wrong, enlighten me

ReputationRep:
    I compliment my guy all the time.

It's just you. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Most girls I know complement their partners on the same basis, maybe even more so.

IF i had a bf i would give him genuine compliments

ReputationRep:
    Always complimented my ex's and heard it back too. Its a nice thing to hear after all.

Its just you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I'm seeing a bloke now. I always tell him how hot he is, how cool his hair is and how clever he is. I have to stop myself from doing it as it makes me sound like an idiot.
    He on the other hand compliments me in a more measured way. Damn being measured. Gush those compliments and worship me, fool!
    I love big willies too :fan:

ReputationRep:
    I think OP has a point. It does seem easier to compliment girls than guys imo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.