Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I noticed about 2 days ago that under my right arm was really swollen and hurting a bit, it was when I was at the gym so I was moving quite a lot and it was getting really irritated, when I got back it was really sore and red.
    Today there's like a swollen/lumpy bit but it doesn't hurt unless I touch it.
    I usually shave under my arms everyday but have done this for years so don't see why shaving would have anything to do with it. I haven't shaved since though because I don't want to irritate it.

It's not near my breast part of my underarm it's more near the top of my arm.
    I've heard so many things about having swollen underarm like breast cancer, lymphoma and HIV so I'm a bit worried about it should I go to the doctor? :/

ReputationRep:
    Cyst.

ReputationRep:
    I get that too. Sometimes I would get that once my period is coming soon though. But I rarely get it now, I have no idea why though.

ReputationRep:
    Bubonic plague.

I got my period saturday for the first time in a few months because I did my pill back to back for 3 months but I've done that before too. I'm gonna try and get to the doctors tomorrow but it's really hard with being in uni all day and trying to get an appointment in a city centre doctors!

ReputationRep:
    Buboe.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.