Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Conservatives FTW you said, so essentially what you're saying is: cuts FTW! Tuition fee rises FTW! Fox hunting FTW! Rich people FTW! Old boys FTW!

So how am I generalising? Conservatives FTW = Conversative policies FTW.

Oh, and that money they saved on cuts? Currently being bombed into Libya. Literally. Yay Conservatives!!11!!ONE!!1
    Conservative policies change constantly. And members of the party join for various reasons. There are parts I disagree with such as anything pro-fox hunting. However I agree with tuition fees rise and cuts.

and besides, rich people and old boys is not only a huge generalization (which is wrong), but they also aren't policies lol

and Libya is necessary. If Labour or any other decent party were in power they would be intervening too! Labour are the kings of foreign intervention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Conservative policies change constantly. And members of the party join for various reasons. There are parts I disagree with such as anything pro-fox hunting. However I agree with tuition fees rise and cuts.

and besides, rich people and old boys is not only a huge generalization (which is wrong), but they also aren't policies lol
    It is not wrong at all. And I will continue to neg toffs as I please. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    It is not wrong at all. And I will continue to neg toffs as I please. Thank you.
    It is wrong. Sorry. Negging opinions makes you a bit pathetic tbh. And anyway, I'm not a toff at all.

ReputationRep:
    It is wrong. Sorry. Negging opinions makes you a bit pathetic tbh. And anyway, I'm not a toff at all.
    Irony. :awesome:

Whatever, posh boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    So you wouldn't mind if what is now England became a collection of many independent city states?
    so what? it's not my issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    I want just my wee village to be independent. It's full of rich folk, but we all support labour too. So it would make economic and political sense, see? And then, if south of the main street becomes too burdensome or starts to vote tory, we'll declare independence again. Makes perfect sense.
    Yeah, you could even bring back public flogging (ooer) and get rid of all the foreign-looking folk.

(Original post by plastercaster)
    On a more serious note, having the same party in power for term after term is not good for the country, no matter which party that may be- Even a devout Conservative need only look briefly at the corruption during the Major years and admit that it's sometimes necessary to kick a party out to keep politicians on their toes!
    Well, that would encourage the two main political parties to be pretty lacking in any ideology, policy etc - their only purpose being to appeal to swing voters and appear competent. I'm not saying it's an inherently bad idea, but it's a very different ideological foundation to base a state on from what we're used to.

You're a tool if you shoot foxes for fun and make craploads of cuts, but you don't see me having a go. :awesome:
    I bet you find it knee-tremblingly charming really, you just don't want to admit it. Kinky lefties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I bet you find it knee-tremblingly charming really, you just don't want to admit it. Kinky lefties.
    Oh hell yah, I wish someone would pump their bullet into ME if you know what I'm saying. *nudge nudge* :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Irony. :awesome:

Whatever, posh boy.
    I can see you're having a wonderful time trolling me. Enjoy it.

Hopefully Panda hunting is legalized soon :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Oh hell yah, I wish someone would pump their bullet into ME if you know what I'm saying. *nudge nudge* :teehee:
    Last one out's the father!

(Original post by L i b)
    Yeah, you could even bring back public flogging (ooer) and get rid of all the foreign-looking folk.
    This is a Lanarkshire village filled with old Presbyterian women. That would definitely be on the cards.

ReputationRep:
    I can see you're having a wonderful time trolling me. Enjoy it.

Hopefully Panda hunting is legalized soon :teehee:
    I hope Tory hunting via bears is legalised soon. *growls* :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I hope Tory hunting via bears is legalised soon. *growls* :mmm:
    have you seen the video on youtube of chav hunting?

that will be you soon :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    we need money from England. Scotland is just a nation on the dole.

ReputationRep:
    have you seen the video on youtube of chav hunting?

that will be you soon :ninja:
    Just because I live on the dole and have 10 kids innit blud? >: (

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you could handle a Tory taking you Back to Basics, m'dear.

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, it's this thread again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Well, that would encourage the two main political parties to be pretty lacking in any ideology, policy etc - their only purpose being to appeal to swing voters and appear competent. I'm not saying it's an inherently bad idea, but it's a very different ideological foundation to base a state on from what we're used to.
    It's exactly what we're used to since Blair took over.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.