Turn on thread page Beta

I am so angry I feel like punching my laptop watch

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, you are lucky he hasn't ditched you so far if that is how you react to one little white lie. High maintenance much?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I agree with the people who are calling the OP 'controlling'. Other than the fact she's maybe got a little too upset about it, I don't think she's actually done anything wrong... It's her boyfriend that's probably flat out lied to her and broken off their arrangements in order to go and get wasted with his mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why
    cos your too clingy. grow up and stop acting like a twelve year old.

ReputationRep:
    He lied because he probably didn't want to disappoint you. He knew that you'd be waiting for him to show up, but he also probably didn't want to disappoint his friends (and come across as someone who's afraid of his girlfriend).. so, lying, in this case, is the only solution.

Well, sad reality, but guys will always lie about petty things (they might not seem petty to us girls when they're lying to us, but this reality will not change). Might as well get used to it, but find a guy who has at least got the balls to tell us the ugly truth, no matter what it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    Poor Josh........only two shots?
    lmfao. This made me roar

ReputationRep:
    ... two weeks? WOW, that is so long :P i know of couples who go without seeing each other for a month or more! Its not that much of a big deal.

Leave it, no point in digging a hole and creating problems. And yes he shouldn't have lied to you, so neg rep to him. But no need to be so OTT about it

ReputationRep:
    It's understandable you're annoyed, I would be.

But if you're gonna get really mad at your bf every time he does something stupid, you're going to be furious every second for the rest of the time you're together lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    You sound like a controlling gf that doesn't let her bf have any fun

Good on him.
    I'd be annoyed in that situation. Surely if somebody cancelled on you saying they were ill, then went out will somebody else, you'd be annoyed? Hopefully OP doesn't mind her bf going out and enjoying himself, it's just the fact that he cancelled pre-arranged plans...

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Josh is a lightweight!

Seriously, he's hardly worth breaking a laptop over, is he? Good Lord..

Or are you like super bossy and controlling? you sound a bit crazay.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be angry if my boyfriend did that.... :/

How long have you been dating him for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    Comic version for people who dont like reading texts

http://i.imgur.com/LkFrm.png
    rofl

ReputationRep:
    Josh wants nosh!

ReputationRep:
    I’m so angry at the moment and I nearly punched my laptop. Thank god I controlled my self and didn’t do it.
    Basically my so called bf was meant to come over tonight but he cancelled on me because he wasn’t feeling too well and he had been in bed all day. So me being a good gf understood him and told him to rest and get better soon.
    But guess what one of his mates just wrote a fb status saying “LOOOL josh just passed out after two shots” wtf josh is my bf and he even posted a pic of my bf dead on the floor, I thought he was ill. What the ****, I want to go and finish him right now : ::::::

Why do guys lie, why couldn't he just tell me the truth! it's not like I would have been angry if he told me the truth
    I know a lot of guys are replying to this and don't worry I understand where your coming from. You don't have to be controlling or anything for him to do this. It's apparent that he would rather have spent the night out with his friends than you, and you haven't seen him in 2 weeks so he probably thought you would have been upset or angry. I don't think that under any circumstances he should have lied, he should have just told you that he wanted a night with the guys and accepted that you rightly may have been dissapointed.

I think some people (guys and girls) don't understand just how hurtful it is to be lied to by their other half if they have never been lied to themselves. It's more than just whether he wanted to go out with friends or not, the fact is that it makes it play on your mind "what else does he lie about" and this is how trust issues start. Regardless of whether you can be controlling or you are really relaxed with him, he never should of lied and I would be as angry as you are. It's about respect and he should have given you that.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! he's shook of you

ReputationRep:
    Cry me a ****in river, god forbid you have a real problem to deal with

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie, Josh probably wasn't lying. If he's passed out after 2 shots he must be feeling like ****, no one is that much of a lightweight.

ReputationRep:
    I’m so angry at the moment and I nearly punched my laptop. Thank god I controlled my self and didn’t do it.
    Basically my so called bf was meant to come over tonight but he cancelled on me because he wasn’t feeling too well and he had been in bed all day. So me being a good gf understood him and told him to rest and get better soon.
    But guess what one of his mates just wrote a fb status saying “LOOOL josh just passed out after two shots” wtf josh is my bf and he even posted a pic of my bf dead on the floor, I thought he was ill. What the ****, I want to go and finish him right now : ::::::

Why do guys lie, why couldn't he just tell me the truth! it's not like I would have been angry if he told me the truth
    Wow you sound like a 1950s housewife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    Poor Josh........only two shots?
    This, sounds like a pussy. OP I'm sure you could do better.

ReputationRep:
    No man should be exclusive to one girl until he is 25 at least, if you want a serious relationship date an older man honey buns. He ought to have a stable of girls who can phone up for a booty call when he wishes until then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.