Turn on thread page Beta

i am not very good at talking to people,very quiet and shy,rarely initiate a conversation if im with a group,ive been thinking lately that i should perhaps go to my local high street or town and approach girls(maybe older women too) and start talking to them,the reason i dont want to try this on guys is because 1.no homo and 2.i dont want to get punched in the face lol

will people think im a creepy loser? or will they like it?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends. If you just wander on over to a random girl in the street and start chatting she might find it weird (I would, for sure), but if you were just standing in a queue in a shop and made small talk, or browsing CDs/DVDs or whatever and started talking about films or something, I'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    If you go to school (college, university) I dont see why you have to approach strangers on the street to better your communication skills. Charity begins at home love. Why not start talking to people that are closer to you (school mates, course mates, friends of friends, that person you always see but dont know their name)....gain confidence, learn more about communicating with people and loose the risk of getting punched in the face or being seen a creepy loser.

Hope that helps!! #OkBye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i am not very good at talking to people,very quiet and shy,rarely initiate a conversation if im with a group,ive been thinking lately that i should perhaps go to my local high street or town and approach girls(maybe older women too) and start talking to them,the reason i dont want to try this on guys is because 1.no homo and 2.i dont want to get punched in the face lol

will people think im a creepy loser? or will they like it?

thanks
    Yes, if you approach girls on the street/ in random shops they will think that you are a creepy loser and avoid you like the plague. Why don't you try meeting girls at bars/pubs or restaurants/cafes?? It will seem less weird and much more friendly. Most people will not mind talking to strangers but don't try and start up a convo with a girl who is giving obvious body signals of not wanting to be bothered, like hunching over, turning away from a crowd and generally trying to make eye contact with as few people as possible. Good luck, you seem like a decent guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iFreak)
    Well, it depends. If you just wander on over to a random girl in the street and start chatting she might find it weird (I would, for sure), but if you were just standing in a queue in a shop and made small talk, or browsing CDs/DVDs or whatever and started talking about films or something, I'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated
    i like this idea

ReputationRep:
    When I've been approached by people, I just talk to them otherwise I feel rude unless I'm in a rush somewhere. I don't really mind.

i probably should have said this first but,i dont have any friends or go to school or have a job,i want to better my skills at asserting my self and talking to people but i dont want it to be too difficult

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.