Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, been out for st paddys day... (yes im irish) and good day started of good went to the bar with mates had a few drinks but as the night went on and it got more crowded more drunken kinda died down andi got tired and a bit half cut...

kinda walked home tonight just though tbh if i killed myself who would really care, sure my mom my dad (who i havnt seen in 8 years) but hopefully im due to see him next weekend were meeting up... and my aunties and cousins but friends i dont think alot of them would really care !

i can never find a nice girl to just have a relationship with and just be happy.. its all i really want atm?

while in the bar with friends i was with some girls who were friends of friends and i liekd one wed met a few times but i kinda liked her and saw her kissing another guy got kinda pissed of/jealous but was just having a pretty crappy night by that stage, and another girl who i liked who kinda messed me about and just doesnt tb all the time or is kinda different when she drinks,

ended up walking home anyways txted her dont bothe talking to me again and all was kinda upset

anwyays bit of a rant there

BUT

while walking home i thought if i killed myself who would really care?

i was thinking and if i could i would but i just woudlnt have the bottle to do it..

i actually thought if i threw myself of the bridge who would actually care who would come to my funeral

sure i may seem crazy to some peopel on here but does anyoen else think like this?

thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    yes i understand where you're coming from..i randomly wonder about this too

ReputationRep:
    You have parents.
    You have a family.
    You have friends.

Who do you think would care?

ReputationRep:
    i know this may seem weird to some people, i guess i just kinda feel down alot...

tbh its always about girls i get pretty down about, im 19 i should be out meeting lots of girls having fun maybe a girlfriend, iv wanted a proper relationship for a while now and i just cant find any nice girls or i keep getting rejected or they turn out to be crazy...

and when i get rejected or they piss me of for no reason when iv been nothing but nice to them i just get so down or upset or something.

ReputationRep:
    hey come on, you're feeling down because you've had a few drinks and things didn't go well with that girl. that's really insignificant if you think about the bigger picture. maybe try and get some sleep and it'll probably seem less important tomorrow. nothing is worth taking your life over.

and to answer your question.. no i've never felt suicidal or depressed. so i can't claim to know how you feel.. but i do know that life is precious. hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    This thought has passed through my mind many times before, and the answer has always been the same, apart from family, noone would actually care. best not to dwell on it too much, it gets a bit depressing.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt actually do it like iv said but i feel like i just want to give up sometimes, im not jsut crying over one girl maybe almost all girls i meet just it doesnt go well or something happens or there physco, i mean im not hideous or anything as far as iv been told im pretty good looking body isnt bad niced personality, and i consider myself a nice guy always try to do the right thing ect, i guess this has been building up for a while through a number of things and i would never acutally take my own life just think somtimes... sure its a small thing im bound to get knockbacks and plenty more fish in the sea but at the minute i dont see it that way if you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonforme)
    Hi guys, been out for st paddys day... (yes im irish) and good day started of good went to the bar with mates had a few drinks but as the night went on and it got more crowded more drunken kinda died down andi got tired and a bit half cut...

kinda walked home tonight just though tbh if i killed myself who would really care, sure my mom my dad (who i havnt seen in 8 years) but hopefully im due to see him next weekend were meeting up... and my aunties and cousins but friends i dont think alot of them would really care !

i can never find a nice girl to just have a relationship with and just be happy.. its all i really want atm?

while in the bar with friends i was with some girls who were friends of friends and i liekd one wed met a few times but i kinda liked her and saw her kissing another guy got kinda pissed of/jealous but was just having a pretty crappy night by that stage, and another girl who i liked who kinda messed me about and just doesnt tb all the time or is kinda different when she drinks,

ended up walking home anyways txted her dont bothe talking to me again and all was kinda upset

anwyays bit of a rant there

BUT

while walking home i thought if i killed myself who would really care?

i was thinking and if i could i would but i just woudlnt have the bottle to do it..

i actually thought if i threw myself of the bridge who would actually care who would come to my funeral

sure i may seem crazy to some peopel on here but does anyoen else think like this?

thanks alot
    you're not the only one who have these kinds of thoughts. its normal to ponder. but it's logical to not try it out as you won't able to find out the answers to the questions because you'll be dead?

ReputationRep:
    You're not alone. I've definitely had these thoughts before, usually on a bad day. Don't go looking for things and they'll come to you...that's what tends to happen for me anyway. Cheer up, mate!

ReputationRep:
    On the inside we all want to kill ourselves sometimes... except some lucky few that bypass anything emotional like that at all.

Its just about riding the great cosine. The bittersweet up and down of human emotion, thatll take us where it wants, against our will and against our predictions

ReputationRep:
    Without the sour, there would be no sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think about what's beyond this life, whether there is life after death, some sort of karmic rebirth cycle, or whether the only cycle is our body being broken down into it's nutrients to help feed the planet (which I think is quite poetic and is what I personally believe).

However, I never get depressed and think about off'ing myself. The odds of yourself even existing are incredible. I don't have numbers for you, but they're really impressive, trust me. I may edit this post with some actual figures if I can be bothered later.

In my opinion, suicide is the coward's way out. The only time I would ever consider it is in highly extenuating circumstances. I don't mean when I'm "down in the dumps" or "saw a girl I liked kiss another guy even though she's shown no interest whatsoever in me", I mean a ****ing zombie apocalypse is happening and I'm down to my last bullet. Or something similar.

I used to have those thoughts when I was younger. But I had a depressive parent who self harmed and I started to panic. They're ok now which is a relief but the idea of suicide became horrific. but then a friend who had moved away a while ago killed himself recently and it was heartbreaking for everyone.
    While I fretted over whether it could have been prevented, it became clear to me just how devastating suicide is. His circle of influence and care was wider than he seemed to be aware of in his darkest moments and the world lost a wonderful person.
    It was a tragic loss and the effect on his family can never be undone.
    Don't do it. I genuinely used to have those thoughts but the loss of an old friend and seeing the ripples of pain that it caused turned that around.
    You'll always find something worth living for- and it just takes switching on the news to realize that life could be a hell of a lot worse right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    x
    Beautifully put. Saved for future reference.

ReputationRep:
    thanks alot everyone had a few drinks last night so was kinda down but feeling better today, its a lovely day and the sun is literly shining out side and im going away over night with some friends

sure my ego took a knock ill have to see the girl out again somtimes but whatever its just something ill have to live with, i guess i get so annoyed it keeps happening

thanks for not taking the piss in this thread i know ppl tend to do that on studentroom :P

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be a pointless dumb rant if you ask me. Your poor parents would grieve over you and yet all you care is about getting a girlfriend. I haven't even had a girlfriend in years.

Selfish prick.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Glad you're feeling better OP

Your physical state makes such a difference to how you feel: I'm trying to learn not to get deep and questioning when I'm drunk or really tired cos I just feel so much worse about everything! If you're eating well, getting good amounts of sleep and are regularly active and outside enjoying the sunshine, like today, then it chemically alters how you feel.

Good luck, and remember to enjoy the little things in life as well as the things that tend to preoccupy your mind (believe me, I know what it's like to spend too much time thinking and worrying about girls!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.