Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been in a situation where they've been really behind their uni work? I about five lectures behind in all four of my uni modules and I finish in three weeks, then I have two weeks of easter and then exams! I need inspiration here. Has anyone or know anyone who's come to pull through? Are the majority in this situation at the end of the year at uni or am I in the minority?
    Help!

ReputationRep:
    Same here. So much to do, so little time. I am so fed up with it all with no half terms or reading weeks that I still procrastinate, like now for example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    Same here. So much to do, so little time. I am so fed up with it all with no half terms or reading weeks that I still procrastinate, like now for example
    It is 02:10 you can't blame yourself for procratination so late.

However, what is your plan for all this? I find that I understand the work but the workload is too much.

ReputationRep:
    set yourself a study time table and stick to it best you can. that's how I get through lot of work in a little amount of time.

It is definitely possible to catch up. You may need to do extra work in the week and at weekends if you want a good grade but definitely possible.

I also finish in 2 week and have 5 modulars worth of work to do but if I just keep going I know I will get there in time.

What subject you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turbo64)
    It is 02:10 you can't blame yourself for procratination so late.

However, what is your plan for all this? I find that I understand the work but the workload is too much.
    I often pull all-nighters though, really shouldn't procrastinate when I should be working or sleeping!

My plan is to pretty much work every day to get it done, and to stop myself from procrastinating I'll set timetables in my head. Like I have to finish a certain number of drawings before I can have a break etc. Hopefully it'll work! What subject do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Ditto. I'm struggling to keep up with all the work school throws at me. Procrastination, laziness, exhaustion, etc... are making things very difficult.

Funny when two days ago I was studying for a test...
    Only to find out I fell asleep in the book and dreamt I was studying the notes. :erm:
    Extreme disappointment.
    I was really tired that day... so much work!!!!! :coma:
    It's frustrating!!...

My study plan right now isn't fully structured.
    I recently formed a small study group with a few 'friends' and it sort of encourages me to revise my notes.
    Apart from this, I utilise my weekends and any other spare time to complete due assignments as well as make revision notes.
    These help me to catch up on my work to some extent but it's still insufficient, imo.

ReputationRep:
    There's a saying: Failed to prepare, prepare to fail.

ReputationRep:
    Procrastination is pure laziness. It's your own fault.

Sadly you're probably in the majority. We've got an essay due in today, so I know there'll only be a handful of people turning up to today's practical while everyones rushing to finish their essay.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need reassurance, you need to get your work done and stay off TSR.

EDIT: and sleep, you won't learn anything if you don't rest.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.