Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to figure out which of the two would be a better pick.. : / I understand that between the two Durham is slightly ahead in terms of league standings and curriculum but also heard that Manchester has a more diverse culture and nightlife, being a big city and all. Leaning more towards Durham but would like to seek out some views from the community

Would really appreciate any advice or opinions!

ReputationRep:
    r u kidding??
    of course durham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frumps)
    I'm trying to figure out which of the two would be a better pick.. : / I understand that between the two Durham is slightly ahead in terms of league standings and curriculum but also heard that Manchester has a more diverse culture and nightlife, being a big city and all. Leaning more towards Durham but would like to seek out some views from the community

Would really appreciate any advice or opinions!
    It really depends what you want out of university.

Durham is the more prestigious.

Manchester probably has a better social scene.

Have you visited them both?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually. Well, based on what I've gathered it would appear that Durham is the better option.. Prestige counts for much.

After all a better social scene should hardly be the consideration when deciding which to pick!

ReputationRep:
    Durham does indeed enjoy a 'better' prestige, but Manchester is still a very respectable institution.

On the social side, you will have fun whichever university you go to. Also, Newcastle is very close to Durham.

All things considered, I would choose Durham.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like Durham is the place to be

ReputationRep:
    Prestige matters in law. For what it's worth, my two cents would be Durham.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.