The Student Room Group

Durham Law vs Manchester Law?

I'm trying to figure out which of the two would be a better pick.. : / I understand that between the two Durham is slightly ahead in terms of league standings and curriculum but also heard that Manchester has a more diverse culture and nightlife, being a big city and all. Leaning more towards Durham but would like to seek out some views from the community :smile:

Would really appreciate any advice or opinions! :biggrin:
Reply 1
r u kidding??
of course durham!
Reply 2
Original post by Frumps
I'm trying to figure out which of the two would be a better pick.. : / I understand that between the two Durham is slightly ahead in terms of league standings and curriculum but also heard that Manchester has a more diverse culture and nightlife, being a big city and all. Leaning more towards Durham but would like to seek out some views from the community :smile:

Would really appreciate any advice or opinions! :biggrin:

It really depends what you want out of university.

Durham is the more prestigious.

Manchester probably has a better social scene.

Have you visited them both?
Reply 3
I haven't actually. Well, based on what I've gathered it would appear that Durham is the better option.. Prestige counts for much.

After all a better social scene should hardly be the consideration when deciding which to pick! :redface:
Reply 4
Durham does indeed enjoy a 'better' prestige, but Manchester is still a very respectable institution.

On the social side, you will have fun whichever university you go to. Also, Newcastle is very close to Durham.

All things considered, I would choose Durham.
Reply 5
sounds like Durham is the place to be :biggrin:
Prestige matters in law. For what it's worth, my two cents would be Durham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending