Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really, really fancy him. In fact I think I may be a little bit obsessed. But I don't like the idea of living on my own and have literally no-one else to live with. Do you think living with him would satisfy me or just make me want more of him?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Then you can have wild, passionate sex with him every day. In fact, I think you should have wild, passionate sex with him right now. Why are you still on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    do it, do you think he might like you back?

If so, your basically in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakingout!)

No because I happen to have a penis. I told him I find him attractive, but promised him i wouldn't ever try anything because I'm not dumb enough to kid myself that we could ever be together. I really like being around him though, and living with him would be amazing. I just don't think our friendship is a very healthy one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quentin)
    No because I happen to have a penis. I told him I find him attractive, but promised him i wouldn't ever try anything because I'm not dumb enough to kid myself that we could ever be together. I really like being around him though, and living with him would be amazing. I just don't think our friendship is a very healthy one.
    does he know you are gay?

and he's totally straight right? (not bi or anything?)

If he doesn't know, then I probably wouldn't move in with him.

But if he does...well, let me know the situation, then I will tell you what else.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you're a guy?! :s: Oh god, why did I type that? :facepalm: :puke: Horrible images entering head :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a bad plan to me! At least not you 2 by yourself. You'll always be able to find rooms on gumtree/advertised round uni if you're stuck.

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Wait, you're a guy?! :s: Oh god, why did I type that? :facepalm: :puke: Horrible images entering head :afraid:
    I kind of wanted to rep and neg this simultaneously.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by freakingout!

Did. Not. See. That. One. Coming :K:

ReputationRep:
    does he know you are gay?

and he's totally straight right? (not bi or anything?)

If he doesn't know, then I probably wouldn't move in with him.

But if he does...well, let me know the situation, then I will tell you what else.
    Yeh, he knows, like I said I explained it all to him and he's totally cool with it. He's crashed at mine and shared my bed before, and we even kissed once playing spin the bottle. He really doesn't give a sh*t. Its just i don't think my feelings towards him are healthy; they're always going to be unrequited and we're such good friends. I'm worried moving in will compound those feelings and ruin our friendship On the other hand it could satisfy them and improve our friendship.

So confused. >.<

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, he knows, like I said I explained it all to him and he's totally cool with it. He's crashed at mine and shared my bed before, and we even kissed once playing spin the bottle. He really doesn't give a sh*t. Its just i don't think my feelings towards him are healthy; they're always going to be unrequited and we're such good friends. I'm worried moving in will compound those feelings and ruin our friendship On the other hand it could satisfy them and improve our friendship.

So confused. >.<
    If he's kissed you and shared your bed before, there's no telling what he'l do after a few drinks!

I say do it. lmao

Seriously though, kissing gays, is not normal 'straight' behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    If he's kissed you and shared your bed before, there's no telling what he'l do after a few drinks!
    And then he'd never want to look at me again and our friendship would be ruined forever. This is not really about sex. I have enough sex.

Seriously though, kissing gays, is not normal 'straight' behaviour.
    Yeah, I don't know any other straight guys that have done that tbqh, but it was only spin the bottle. I've kissed quite a few girls when the bottles spinning, it doesn't make me straight.

ReputationRep:
    And then he'd never want to look at me again and our friendship would be ruined forever. This is not really about sex. I have enough sex.

Yeah, I don't know any other straight guys that have done that tbqh, but it was only spin the bottle. I've kissed quite a few girls when the bottles spinning, it doesn't make me straight.
    I don't think you should read into his behaviour. He kissed you playing a game, it doesn't mean anything. I'd crash at any of my friends houses, male or female, and share their bed if they were a friend, it doesn't mean anything.

If you were going to do this I think you'd have to have fully accepted in your head that nothing was going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    I don't think you should read into his behaviour. He kissed you playing a game, it doesn't mean anything. I'd crash at any of my friends houses, male or female, and share their bed if they were a friend, it doesn't mean anything.

If you were going to do this I think you'd have to have fully accepted in your head that nothing was going to happen.
    boys don't usually share beds together. Even just mates.

Girls and boy mates do

and girl and girl mates do

but not so much boy and boy.

Same with spin the bottle...2 girls kissing eachother is waaaay more likley/regarded as normal than 2 guys kissing lol

I don't think I know 1 straight male that would kiss another male, "even though it's just spin the bottle" lol :rolleyes:

We're metrosexual, but not that metrosexual!

ReputationRep:
    boys don't usually share beds together. Even just mates.

Girls and boy mates do

and girl and girl mates do

but not so much boy and boy.

Same with spin the bottle...2 girls kissing eachother is waaaay more likley/regarded as normal than 2 guys kissing lol

I don't think I know 1 straight male that would kiss another male, "even though it's just spin the bottle" lol :rolleyes:

We're metrosexual, but not that metrosexual!
    Lots of my guy mates sleep in the same bed!

Also a fair amount of my guy mates have the whole 'bromance' thing going on.. like jumping on each other, blah I'm tired I'm sure you know what I mean
    In a completely heterosexual sort of way

Even so it's not a good idea to move into a 2 bedroom flat sharing with your friend when you have in the back of your mind the hope you'll get together. Even if he was interested it's just a rule isn't it- don't get with your flatmates!

And if someone tells me they're straight, I go with what they say
    and even if they're not straight they're probably so far in the closet they're in narnia

ReputationRep:
    nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Lots of my guy mates sleep in the same bed!

Also a fair amount of my guy mates have the whole 'bromance' thing going on.. like jumping on each other, blah I'm tired I'm sure you know what I mean
    In a completely heterosexual sort of way

Even so it's not a good idea to move into a 2 bedroom flat sharing with your friend when you have in the back of your mind the hope you'll get together. Even if he was interested it's just a rule isn't it- don't get with your flatmates!

And if someone tells me they're straight, I go with what they say
    and even if they're not straight they're probably so far in the closet they're in narnia
    No, I know he's straight. He told me so and I believe him, but that doesn't stop me liking him. Like if a girl told you she didn't fancy you, you wouldn't suddenly be over her. Like I said, he knows the way I feel, and he's fine with it and fine with sharing, its more whether its a healthy thing for me to it.

Its like one half of me really wants us to be together in a romantic way, but another half of me is telling that first half no, leave things as they are. I'm always going to listen to that second half of me because what the first half wants can never happen.

Anyway it seems you all reckon this is a bad idea, so how should I tell him I'm not longer looking to rent with him? Should I just be honest and say, "I don't think it'd be good for me"?

ReputationRep:
    You really shouldn't move in with anybody you're attracted to. It just makes things worse because the phrase "balls deep" comes to mind far too often.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.