Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,
    I have some questions to ask.
    Our group(4 people) is going to have a play in class.
    The play is about beauty contests but we have no ideas. :''/
    Do you guys have any suggestions?
    P.S The play is about 10 minutes.
    In addition,do you agree with beauty contests or do you think it's biased towards women of a certain race?
    Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an opinion either way. I think that people who criticise them are jealous of the participants' beauty.

Looks is not everything in life, but we are programmed to respond highly to looks. Most people feel a glow inside when around attractive people, it's human nature.

ReputationRep:
    Do some kind of "take me Out" the musical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TreeSnake)
    Do some kind of "take me Out" the musical.
    Haha. This.

I made a thread like this not too long ago. Beauty pageants are fine and I want to join one, however, kiddy pageants are just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 feminists.

I do a lot of pageant related stuff, and it's taught me so much. Great confidence booster (although it does make you VERY self aware not always in a good way), made lots of good friends etc.

If there's a lot of opposition to them in your group, try and do some research into how they have modernised (for all I think the pageant was a total farce Miss Great Britain did do some pretty big rule changes to stop it being so restricted) and dont just linger on the pretty faces in swimsuits angle. Because there is so much more to it than that.

ReputationRep:
    The big official generic ones don't interest me at all, but I have friends that enter in club ones like the ******shack competitions, and I'd love to go to an Alternative Miss World.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.