Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At Uni, what do you have for breakfast? (self-catered)

that is, if you wake up in time!

Was thinking what would be the cheapest option. From a quick ask round of my friends they seem to suggest a massive box of coco pops (probably the cheap tesco version)

any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Supermarkets' own versions of cereal, bought in bumper-boxes, and a huge pint of skimmed milk I would think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writerwho~)
    Supermarkets' own versions of cereal, bought in bumper-boxes, and a huge pint of skimmed milk I would think!
    That made me chuckle. A pint is a unit of measurement and thus, always the same size. Silly.

I prefer something like baked beans on toast, or scrambled eggs as opposed to sugary breakfast cereal, much more nutritional. Breakfast cereal always leaves me feeling hungry not long after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    That made me chuckle. A pint is a unit of measurement and thus, always the same size. Silly.
    Irony completely intended there.. *ahem*

(Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    Breakfast cereal always leaves me feeling hungry not long after.
    Same! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm wheatabix with a bannana does it for me That or a good bacon sarnie when time permits!

ReputationRep:
    toast usually, if ive got some time i'll make some oats with it

ReputationRep:
    i have a tin of alphabeti spagetti, the cheap <30p range OR tin of tomatoe soup, 17p, OR a tin of beans and season to taste. I like to add pepper. NOM

ReputationRep:
    mostly toast on my way out.

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge bowl of lidl cornflakes with a sliced banana over it Its the only thing that stops me getting hungry before lunch!

ReputationRep:
    Coffee and a cigarette. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Porridge with whole milk.

Though never have it with made-up powdered skimmed milk like I had to this morning...it's so disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    weetabix, or toast, but most of the time im not up in time so its cream crackers or breakfast biscuits on my way in
    oorrrrr i buy a cooked breakki at uni after my morning lecture
    this morning was a bacon sarnie much needed after last night
    x

ReputationRep:
    If I'm in a rush normally an apple, some nuts and a protein shake.

At a weekend or when I get up in time maybe an omelette or porridge or something.

ReputationRep:
    wow i never thought so much thought and precision went into some people's breakfasts!

ReputationRep:
    Bowl of cereal and some coffee. I never feel like anything hot in the morning or be bothered to cook it.

ReputationRep:
    I had coco pops every morning for half the year, then got bored of them (they take too long to eat, lol) so had toast instead.

ReputationRep:
    Porridge!

ReputationRep:
    Bran flakes & a banana. For some reason I get hungry if I don't have the banana aswell

ReputationRep:
    Hot chocolate. Toasted banana and honey sandwich :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Toasts and a cup of tea.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.