This discussion is closed.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
on the 16th jan, some guys chucked some eggs and a bottle at a m8s house. her window got smashed and some furniture was badly damaged. the guys responsible (9 of the b***tards) were caught 2day and have been suspended, but there were no exclusions, including the guy who chucked the bottle. views?
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
on the 16th jan, some guys chucked some eggs and a bottle at a m8s house. her window got smashed and some furniture was badly damaged. the guys responsible (9 of the b***tards) were caught 2day and have been suspended, but there were no exclusions, including the guy who chucked the bottle. views?

'bothered'
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
14 days imprisonment.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
let me throw bricks at there houses
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it has nothing to do with the school.

the school have no right to suspend them, unless they did something bad on school grounds.

its a matter ofr the police.

those kids could actually sue the school for that, if they had any intelligence that is.........
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no fair! :mad: .....................they shud b dealt wiv more seriously!
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
no fair! :mad: .....................they shud b dealt wiv more seriously!
*hands saf a whip*

go deal with them
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

the school have no right to suspend them, unless they did something bad on school grounds.

those kids could actually sue the school for that, if they had any intelligence that is.........
gud point
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

fair point, although i'd imagine any sensible judge would thow the case out)

*what is it with eric and bricks?* :rolleyes:
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
*hands saf a whip*

go deal with them
*Saf chases them down the street, with the whip in her left hand* ................................ .........
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

it is to do with the school - if the pupils are all at the same school how can it not be? aren't the poilce relying on schools to do more in circumstances such as this?

People doing drugs (one dealer) at my school (although it was not in school-time) still got excluded - i think the police advised it.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
*Saf chases them down the street, with the whip in her left hand* ................................ .........
good job
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

Depends actually. If the offence took place during school hours then I'd have thought the school would have the legal right to suspend.

Similarly, if after school hours, but these kids were wearing school uniform I'd have thought that there would also be some legal right to suspend.

If for example I employ someone and during the course of their working day they negligently speed down the road and kill a child, I the employer would be vicariously liable. I'd have the right to suspend or fire that employee.

I can see how similar principles would apply to a school.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
(Original post by Howard)
Depends actually. If the offence took place during school hours then I'd have thought the school would have the legal right to suspend.

Similarly, if after school hours, but these kids were wearing school uniform I'd have thought that there would also be some legal right to suspend.

If for example I employ someone and during the course of their working day they negligently speed down the road and kill a child, I the employer would be vicariously liable. I'd have the right to suspend or fire that employee.

I can see how similar principles would apply to a school.
point 2 add here, these guys were after my m8 cos she allegedly grassed on 1 of them in school (she didnt though) so that was how the school was involved in the first place.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
point 2 add here, these guys were after my m8 cos she allegedly grassed on 1 of them in school (she didnt though) so that was how the school was involved in the first place.
Then your friend might consider pressing criminal charges herself against those kids.

If the kids were in uniform and/or the offence occurred during school hours she might also like to consider suing the school.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
(Original post by Howard)
Then your friend might consider pressing criminal charges herself against those kids.

If the kids were in uniform and/or the offence occurred during school hours she might also like to consider suing the school.
her parents are being v nice and not pressing charges cos thtd giv them all criminal records and pretty much change their lives for the worse for gd. personally id sue their asses.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

bollox. If it brings the school into disrepute that is grounds for exclusion or suspension.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
bollox. If it brings the school into disrepute that is grounds for exclusion or suspension.
It costs schools a lot to exclude people, I've heard.

That looks like more for the police than anybody else. But you can still complain to the school and they'll moan as much as they can to the kids concerned.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
26.67%
No (18)
60%
Don't know (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads