The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by thecodman
anyone applied to bnp paribas??/ and what did you write for the essay??

I did. I answered the essay question explaining what I believe is going to be the next bubble. :wink:

No one is going to give you an elaborated answer cause the question is there to find out what you think. Not what someone else suggested you to think about.
Original post by mel3
I did. I answered the essay question explaining what I believe is going to be the next bubble. :wink:

No one is going to give you an elaborated answer cause the question is there to find out what you think. Not what someone else suggested you to think about.

lol, how many words did you write??
Reply 2002
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Your obsessed with me. The unsolicited private messages, the multiple messages that you've left on my profile (which I have deleted), your signature, and the fact that you constantly try to interact with me on the forums is evidence that you take me seriously.

If you hadn't noticed I've been ignoring you, that's because I don't take YOU seriously. Hopefully you'll take the hint and this will be our last interaction.

Just for the record, you spelt 'you're' wrong.
Reply 2003
Original post by thecodman
lol, how many words did you write??

Approximately 350-400
Reply 2004
Just took the test for Citi Quest and now want to wish everyone best of luck with it.

As previous posts sort of suggest it is much harder than SHL or Kenexa simply due to the volume of data to process for the answers (you barely have to touch a calculator as it is not difficult maths)....just volume. Mind you this is personal opinion so maybe im just retarded. Dont be fooled by the practice questions though....absolute joke questions.

If i score 25% i will be lucky....absolute mind FUC*

best of luck
All you guys who have got Citi Quest tests, when did you apply?

And stop bickering with i_hate_teeth!
Reply 2006
Original post by applications

End of October and got given tests about a few days ago.
how long did you wait to hear something from UBS after taking their tests??
Reply 2008
Original post by applications

Agreed, it's not worth the effort.

Not heard anything for a while, but given that I applied to most places end of Nov/early Dec and with all the holidays the past week it's not surprising.
Reply 2009
Nomura numerical was ite, the logical is mind=blown, 24 questions in 12 minutes :frown:
Reply 2010
sweet, when did you get the email?

Not that sweet. 11 AM this morning. ;/
Not to sound like a know it all, but including future accomplishments on a CV is a huge faux pas.

This. Definitely work it into the cover letter. Talk about how you are very interested in IB and thus looked for work experience and secured it, and what you plan to learn from it etc. Never put future activities on a CV though.
I_hate_verbal_reasoning_test
got rejected from BarCap cos of my verbal, how do you practice for those????????????????
Reply 2014
Original post by jack_the_ripper
got rejected from BarCap cos of my verbal, how do you practice for those????????????????

When did you take the verbal?

Also SHL have a practice test. CS also ask for a verbal so if you are applying there it might be worth taking the practice.
just 10 minutes ago, but there is only 1 full length practice test not much of a practice
got rejected from CS and Barcap cos of my verbal
does Citi have a verbal or logical test??
Original post by jack_the_ripper
just 10 minutes ago, but there is only 1 full length practice test not much of a practice

As in, "I was rejected 10 mins ago"? When did you actually take the verbal for BarCap?

Also, in regard to your other question, Citi is only a numerical- I think.
Reply 2019
Happy New Year fellow bankers!

Latest

Trending

Trending