Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sach100)
    Anyone know the selection process for HSBC spring insight..? is there anything after the telephone interview?
    No.

EDIT: I posted a bit about HSBC a while back somewhere in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    No.

EDIT: I posted a bit about HSBC a while back somewhere in this thread.
    Oh okay! i just saw your post.

how was your interview was it competency based? or more why hsbc/commercial awareness?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay! i just saw your post.

how was your interview was it competency based? or more why hsbc/commercial awareness?

thanks
    More about HSBC/financial awareness. Standard why HSBC/IB/Spring week. Just a few competency questions at the end iirc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    More about HSBC/financial awareness. Standard why HSBC/IB/Spring week. Just a few competency questions at the end iirc.
    Okay thank you plus did I PM you ? :

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you plus did I PM you ? :
    Don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco1234)
    you've not got an AC, just means you've passed the test.
    *awkward*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wishing that I'd decided to apply to SWs earlier...

Applied to most just before Christmas and sent a few off just after Christmas and now I'll be waiting FOREVER to hear back from anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Wishing that I'd decided to apply to SWs earlier...

Applied to most just before Christmas and sent a few off just after Christmas and now I'll be waiting FOREVER to hear back from anywhere.
    Lol feeling exactly the same... so frustrating when everyone else is getting interviews and ACs and even some cs offers....

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from RBS to do a numerical as I passed their logical

ReputationRep:
    Do all the banks that offer Spring weeks require numerical/ verbal reasoning assessment??

Having completed a few application forms, the application is surprisingly arduous for only a weeks placement. Surely they don't all need you to do these tests?!

I'm surprised there are so many posts on this thread....didn't even know that many people applied to spring weeks!

ReputationRep:
    was HSBC test shl? numerical or verbal? and how hard was it compared to the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    For some reason, MS doesn't allow you to see your application. And I haven't actually found out my test result, I just know that I did badly on it.
    So not hearing from MS yet means no rejection as of yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedski)
    So not hearing from MS yet means no rejection as of yet?
    Calm down with these supposed rejection things guys. You are only rejected when you hear that you are rejected. Not hearing from anywhere means you are still in the running. Just be patient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)
    flopped the deutsche bank test
    Was cruising,d ouble checking my answers, then the last quarter got a lot harder and more time consuming. Didn't have time to get answers out to the last 3 out of 20 so that's DB crossed off my list then..
    I don't think missing 3 rules you out completely?

I nearly miss/guess 3 questions in every test and have passed some of the numerical tests.

ReputationRep:
    Got test invite from HSBC.

Unfortunately read it wrong and thought I was in the AC... then re-read it. Still, progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    Do all the banks that offer Spring weeks require numerical/ verbal reasoning assessment??

Having completed a few application forms, the application is surprisingly arduous for only a weeks placement. Surely they don't all need you to do these tests?!

I'm surprised there are so many posts on this thread....didn't even know that many people applied to spring weeks!
    I am guessing though that the application process is pretty much the same as Graduate/ Internship/ Spring Week. If you do get the Spring Week, you can be fast tracked to Summer Internship and then get a Grad offer which would mean you only had to do the inital Spring Week Application for the proper job.

ReputationRep:
    Deutsche Bank interview offer

ReputationRep:
    Interesting especially for people going for RBS
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ecf5daa4-3...#axzz1iUjHnUxq

ReputationRep:
    Do goldman sachs do tests? Ive seen no mention on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ft1234*)
    Deutsche Bank interview offer
    Major jealousy....

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.