Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram92)
    Interesting especially for people going for RBS
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ecf5daa4-3...#axzz1iUjHnUxq
    Saw this earlier....

Doesnt bode well for potential grads or RBS employees...

Looks like RBS is throwing the towel in.

Dont think ill bother applying to RBS onnthe back of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    Saw this earlier....

Doesnt bode well for potential grads or RBS employees...

Looks like RBS is throwing the tail in.

Dont think ill bother applying to RBS onnthe back of this.
    These are spring weeks not grad apps. You may as well apply to everywhere as its more for experience - if you get a GS spring week and get fast tracked to an internship great, but RBS spring week> no spring week and given how competitive these places are it seems unlikely many will get more than 2/3 offers (I imagine a lot of people don't get any)

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't agree with an RBS spring week being greater than no spring week at all. I'd rather use that time to revise for my summer exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    These are spring weeks not grad apps. You may as well apply to everywhere as its more for experience - if you get a GS spring week and get fast tracked to an internship great, but RBS spring week> no spring week and given how competitive these places are it seems unlikely many will get more than 2/3 offers (I imagine a lot of people don't get any)
    True, experience is better than nothing. However, i was thinking medium/long term and the possibility of being invited back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ft1234*)
    Deutsche Bank interview offer

How long ago did you do the numerical if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Got test invite from HSBC.

Unfortunately read it wrong and thought I was in the AC... then re-read it. Still, progress.
    Did you apply for the summer programme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binepa)
    No, Spring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binepa)
    I applied for summer, youhave to do personality test, numerical and verbal. then telephone interview then AC. had my telephone interview waiting to hear back for an AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WHITKA)
    How long ago did you do the numerical if you don't mind me asking?
    about 10days - 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    I wouldn't agree with an RBS spring week being greater than no spring week at all. I'd rather use that time to revise for my summer exams.
    This depends... for me I have no experience in finance so a spring week is valuable, and my exams are much later than most.

But I see where you're coming from.

ReputationRep:
    Just been called by rbs who offered me a place on an AC next week but it clashes with a uni exam .he said he couldnt gurantee a place on another one. bugger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Just been called by rbs who offered me a place on an AC next week but it clashes with a uni exam .he said he couldnt gurantee a place on another one. bugger
    nice, although bit annoying if they can't rearrange...

is that for GBM banking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ft1234*)
    is that for GBM banking?
    correct

ReputationRep:
    BP Trading telephone interview

ReputationRep:
    BP Trading telephone interview
    congratufukinglations

ReputationRep:
    didn't think BP did spring weeks??

there's nothing on their website whatsoever, and when they came to my uni regarding internships, i asked and they said there wasn't a spring programme for 1st years?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW1X)
    congratufukinglations
    thanks?

there's nothing on their website whatsoever, and when they came to my uni regarding internships, i asked and they said there wasn't a spring programme for 1st years?!?
    I think the scheme is only open to students at specific universities. I heard about it via one of my universities finance societies.

ReputationRep:

It's called a "discovery week"

http://groupspaces.com/EFS/item/225524

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackett)
    It's called a "discovery week"

http://groupspaces.com/EFS/item/225524
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    thanks?

I think the scheme is only open to students at specific universities. I heard about it via one of my universities finance societies.
    possibly?? I know BP make an active effort to recruit from LSE, so would be surprised if it wasn't open to LSE...

hmmm

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.