Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really regretting haphazardly sending off my goldmans application now, there are a few errors in there and I could improve it so much now. I'm guessing that if you withdraw you can't resubmit it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salvius)
    Just done the RBS logic test- was this solely those pattern sequence questions? It seemed very short...I'm sure i missed a section somehow?
    Anyone know what's happened with this? It's really bugging me...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what's happened with this? It's really bugging me...
    The logical is only 12 questions long, so no need to worry.

EDIT: and yes, it's only the patterns that are in the logic test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    The logical is only 12 questions long, so no need to worry.

EDIT: and yes, it's only the patterns that are in the logic test.

Ahh thanks! So if you do well enough on this round they ask you to do the numerical?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone bother with Dear Sir/Madam and yours faithfully with their Goldman Sachs cover letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram92)
    Unlucky Hope you get one of the rest.

When did you get your rejecteion for Deutsche and when did you do your numerical?
    Cheers
    Thanks

I did the test about 5 days ago and the rejection came through today.. Didn't think it went that badly even though I was disturbed so might have just been a general dislike of my application / me

What division are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thanks! So if you do well enough on this round they ask you to do the numerical?
    Yup, exactly. Logic, then numerical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Yup, exactly. Logic, then numerical.
    Thanks...Thought that the lack of numerical testing was a reflection on how badly i did on the logic test...which i have to say was pretty horrendous!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...Thought that the lack of numerical testing was a reflection on how badly i did on the logic test...which i have to say was pretty horrendous!
    Pretty sure the numerical is only for GBM Markets. Banking doesn't have a numerical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Congrats. When did you apply to MS/UBS? And did you have a telephone interview at MS?
    I applied to both in the first week of Dec. Had my telephone interview at MS on tuesday. Got the AC invite in 3 days so pleasantly surprised.

I was rejected from UBS pretty much a few hours after taking the logic test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Pretty sure the numerical is only for GBM Markets. Banking doesn't have a numerical.
    I went for Markets...is there still the possibility of a numerical test then, if i didn't get to do the numerical immediately afer i finished the logic?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything from Citi?

ReputationRep:
    I went for Markets...is there still the possibility of a numerical test then, if i didn't get to do the numerical immediately afer i finished the logic?
    Numerical is delayed. Give it a few days.

(Original post by Zynx)
    Has anybody heard anything from Citi?
    Nope. they start screening in a week or two.

ReputationRep:
    I think every test I've done so far I've gotten 15-18 (/20) so I'm not getting rejected automatically but they are only keeping me as a back up.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    Damn, tried to sound a bit easy at my HSBC app. I failed. Haha. Straight rejection.

GS, BoAML, Nomura (99% rejection) and UBS (dito) left.
    Sorry to hear that! Was it after the numerical test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBITDA.3)
    Sorry to hear that! Was it after the numerical test?
    At HSBC? No, they didn't even let me take the numerical. I gave some stupid answers on the questions in the application tool.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I want to know if were meant to write Dear Sir/Madam and yours faithfully etc on the Goldman Sachs 300 word cover letter??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_the_ripper)
    hey guys I want to know if were meant to write Dear Sir/Madam and yours faithfully etc on the Goldman Sachs 300 word cover letter??
    It's a waste of words. Do it if you can fit it in. If not, don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    It's a waste of words. Do it if you can fit it in. If not, don't
    did you do it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_the_ripper)
    I think you should be able to fit it in. You don't want it to look like a block of text, considering it is a CL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.