Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    I think UBS are giving out rejections already, some people have said they've got them after doing the tests.
    I reckon those are auto rejections if you don't reach a certain score in the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    Why u doing cert in Fi? Quest is much more useful I've heard...
    i dont have the time to do another interneship - cert in fi is only 2 or 3 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    i dont have the time to do another interneship - cert in fi is only 2 or 3 days
    Why not? If so, why are you applying to any other banks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    BAML,GS,UBS start looking at apps after the deadline - and I think none of them interview (but could be wrong about that).

CS have sent out telephone interviews to some

No idea what Nomura are doing, they haven't even sent me a test and it's been almost 6 weeks since applying there. But I don't think they've sent out any interviews.
    Would I be right in saying the BOAML's insight programme is a general one, or do you pick a specific division? Their application service is playing up atm, so I can't register, will try in the morning. I haven't heard from Nomura either btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Han)
    Would I be right in saying the BOAML's insight programme is a general one, or do you pick a specific division? Their application service is playing up atm, so I can't register, will try in the morning. I haven't heard from Nomura either btw.
    I can't remember, maybe someone else knows? The BAML site has pretty much stopped working for me on Safari/Chrome/Firefox

ReputationRep:
    Do HSBC auto reject if if you fail the tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Do HSBC auto reject if if you fail the tests?
    How do you think you did? I'm thinking 16/18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    How do you think you did? I'm thinking 16/18.
    I started off very well but then things went bad towards the end, i reckon 14-16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    I started off very well but then things went bad towards the end, i reckon 14-16
    Yes same here. I spent way too long on one question and when I finally thought I got it, my answer was different to the options. Happened another time. The rest were okay I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Yes same here. I spent way too long on one question and when I finally thought I got it, my answer was different to the options. Happened another time. The rest were okay I think.
    You kind of take the extra time they give for granted when in fact, you need those extra few minutes when converting multiple currencies and Gallons to litres etc. Was so cumbersome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    BAML,GS,UBS start looking at apps after the deadline - and I think none of them interview (but could be wrong about that).

CS have sent out telephone interviews to some

No idea what Nomura are doing, they haven't even sent me a test and it's been almost 6 weeks since applying there. But I don't think they've sent out any interviews.
    CS have already sent out some offers.

ReputationRep:
    Does Barcap only let you do the verbal reasoning test once youve passed the numerical???

cheers

edit: yes, you only get to do the verbal after passing numerical. just seen the correspondance thing.

ReputationRep:
    Should I expect technical question during an interview (DCF and stuff)? The reason I am asking is that we did not have any of the technical aspects at Uni so far...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrpinkman)
    Should I expect technical question during an interview (DCF and stuff)? The reason I am asking is that we did not have any of the technical aspects at Uni so far...

Thanks
    where do you have an interview? deutsche?

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Very unlikely for spring weeks, unless you've put something on your CV which gives the impression that you should know some technicals, either through your education, experience or interests.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know if you have failed averbal reasoning test for Barcap or Credit Suisse?

Do you get an instant rejection? For Barcap i passed the numerical and got a nice congratzz letter and an invitation to their verbal, then after the verbal: Thank you for taking the time to complete the online tests. Your application is under review and we will let you know the status of your application shortly.- is that a pass or fail?

For CS after verbal i just got an invitation to their numerical and nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco1234)
    where do you have an interview? deutsche?
    JPM

ReputationRep:
    JPM
    cool me too, not too technical if anything i think

ReputationRep:
    JPM

(Original post by eco1234)
    cool me too, not too technical if anything i think
    Markets or IBD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    Markets or IBD?
    IBD have you got one too?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.