Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Is that them genuinely rejecting people or just being lazy and going through only like 10% of applications? I haven't received a test from Nomura either but that sounds ridiculous.

Also, 7:30am AC for Barclays - ouch! I know it's an AC and I should be happy but that's just a horrible time.
    how long did it take Barcap to get back to you after completing the verbal test?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)
    how long did it take Barcap to get back to you after completing the verbal test?
    thanks
    I applied like the 14th. I think tests usually given like two days or so after? Can't remember exactly.

ReputationRep:
    You should hear back from Boaml in late Feb or early March.. there's no work shadowing or tests of any kind. Networking, presentations from various divisions, teamwork and a case study at the end is basically the content of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni-mon)
    You should hear back from Boaml in late Feb or early March.. there's no work shadowing or tests of any kind. Networking, presentations from various divisions, teamwork and a case study at the end is basically the content of the week.
    Thanks, do they assess applicants solely on the basis of cv and cover letter?

ReputationRep:
    preparing for RBS AC... trying to answer "why RBS?" Awkward.

ReputationRep:
    I am so fuked for my jpm interview tomoz it is not even funny lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    Nomura rejection. Contact in HR said they filled up all spaces already - all filled by people who applied pre-december
    not sure i believe this. not that your lying, just seems like a hassle free way for nomura to reject people.

they would definitely leave some spaces open just in case some excellent applications come along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    I am so fuked for my jpm interview tomoz it is not even funny lol
    You have an interview at one of the best banks, how unfortunate I feel so sorry for you...you should be psyched! :p:

Good luck tomorrow mate!

ReputationRep:
    For now i strongly believe no news is good news :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    not sure i believe this. not that your lying, just seems like a hassle free way for nomura to reject people.

they would definitely leave some spaces open just in case some excellent applications come along.
    The contact is Head of EMEA recruitment, trust me.

TBH I dont think there are many more excellent applications than some of the rejectees on here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    You have an interview at one of the best banks, how unfortunate I feel so sorry for you...you should be psyched! :p:

Good luck tomorrow mate!
    Ye but there is no point having an interview if Im not gonna get in lol - and the competition is probably stronger than I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Ye but there is no point having an interview if Im not gonna get in lol - and the competition is probably stronger than I imagine.
    Just make sure you have every point on your CV nailed, practice the typical questions, and of course learn all the key points about the firms...big deals, revenues, market share, rankings, regional performances, industry-specific performances, what its department does in differentiating itself from competitors to win clients and a bit about the history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Then dont turn up. What do you want us to say ?

ReputationRep:
    stan piss off - and stop talking to me - and stop bad mouthing me to people behind my back - you shouldn't make an enemy of me boy.

ReputationRep:
    lol it is interesting how you named yourself natasha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Han)
    Thanks, do they assess applicants solely on the basis of cv and cover letter?
    From what I remember, that's mainly what they'll assess. No interviews either so it's just a straight up offer. Great week.. they plan networking in the evening, drinks (free ) etc.

ReputationRep:
    Credit Suisse rejection. First Nomura, now Credit Suisse. Bombed the test, so that could be why...

ReputationRep:
    Credit Suisse rejection. First Nomura, now Credit Suisse. Bombed the test, so that could be why...
    unlucky

i mucked up my CS test too, as i did it with no preparation as didn't really know what to expect from numerical tests...ran out of time.

when did you sit the test if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni-mon)
    From what I remember, that's mainly what they'll assess. No interviews either so it's just a straight up offer. Great week.. they plan networking in the evening, drinks (free ) etc.
    Thanks again, that's good to hear (If I've actually done anywhere near enough on my CV and cover letter to get an offer)

ReputationRep:
    Who else has got their JPM interivew today for IBD - if so what time???

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.