Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to complete the Verbal and Numerical Test before the deadline, or is the deadline just for submitting all your information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Inquisitive)
    Do you need to complete the Verbal and Numerical Test before the deadline, or is the deadline just for submitting all your information?
    Just for submitting the application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    You scared me for a second lol. No, it's on the 26th of January.

I put in 12.30 or something but they then changed it to 7.30 and said that they said morning session in the email.

Ouch! 7.30am there, I'm gonna be tired as hell!
    My bad.

Yeh that is an awful time but I'm sure the traders will have little sympathy for you. Did they give any details of how the AC is going to be structured

ReputationRep:
    You scared me for a second lol. No, it's on the 26th of January.

I put in 12.30 or something but they then changed it to 7.30 and said that they said morning session in the email.

Ouch! 7.30am there, I'm gonna be tired as hell!
    Did you apply for markets programmes? Do you have any offers or interview invites from JPM or MS?

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have just completed a numerical test for Deutsche Bank, my application status is interview process, does that mean I will be invited for a interview ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rehan123)
    Hi i have just completed a numerical test for Deutsche Bank, my application status is interview process, does that mean I will be invited for a interview ?
    nope. I had same thing and got a big fat rejection email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    Did you apply for markets programmes? Do you have any offers or interview invites from JPM or MS?
    I would have applied for markets.

No because I stupidly didn't apply to either (past the deadline).

(Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    My bad.

Yeh that is an awful time but I'm sure the traders will have little sympathy for you. Did they give any details of how the AC is going to be structured
    No. Hopefully they do. Someone told me it's not really an AC and just a bunch of interviews though.

ReputationRep:
    Got invited to the "Spring Break in Bournemouth: Understanding operations and business services" programme at JP Morgan.
    I only had to send a CV and cover letter. Even though they said they might interview, they just sent me the invitation 2 days after submitting my app...
    But it's not an actual internship anyway:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorcher)
    Well done, hopefully you get an offer!

How did you go about answering the starbucks and flights questions? These questions have always puzzled me and I don't know how I would answer them in an interview :confused:
    They are Fermi problems.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Big fat rejection from UBS, woop!

Is there anywhere that doesn't do a numerical test?! They are awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahyahyahs)

sorry to hear that when did you apply??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thecodman)
    sorry to hear that when did you apply??
    UBS and CS so far. Gonna apply to DB (all their schemes), the HSBC first year internship and BOAML now that I have two references for my CV. Can't think of any more deadlines.

Nah, don't be sorry, I kinda saw it coming as I haven't done any form of Maths for well over a year, thought they would look at my personal skills as I am quite good at selling events and products and can argue up a storm, politics student ya see. It was also a last minute decision to apply as I wanted to do some political internships but none of them are expenses paid, whereas IB spring weeks are expenses paid and my family can't afford for me to go to London for a week. Need to polish up on my maths m'thinks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahyahyahs)

GS don't do a numerical test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebam_uk)
    GS don't do a numerical test.
    As well as BOAML and BNPP.

ReputationRep:
    Citi numeracy invite. I'm assuming it's after some pre screen as it took them an awful long time to send it.

EDIT: Turns out I got the email yesterday, but it went to my spam (Gmail). Found out on the online application system.

ReputationRep:
    Which places don't test/interview/AC? I believe someone said Goldman Sachs, any others?

ReputationRep:
    Which places don't test/interview/AC? I believe someone said Goldman Sachs, any others?
    Getting mixed information on GS interviews - some say they do, some say they don't.

BAML/UBS don't interview/AC as far as I'm aware, and BAML don't test either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Getting mixed information on GS interviews - some say they do, some say they don't.

BAML/UBS don't interview/AC as far as I'm aware, and BAML don't test either.
    GS definitely interview and/or AC
    BOAML don't carry out any form of testing CV+CL that's it
    UBS don't do nothing as well if I'm not mistaken
    BNPP CV + essay + fit question

ReputationRep:
    just got a missed call from an unknown number. Does anyone know if this could be a bank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw3)
    just got a missed call from an unknown number. Does anyone know if this could be a bank?
    The only banks I'm aware of doing that is MS and CS last year.

I mean, calling without notification

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.