Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mcp2)
    How different can it be? Unless you included the cover letter with it...
    Well this file didn't have a cover letter explaining why I would be a good recipient of £3k... I've emailed them begging them to send back or withdraw my application for me. ARGGHH.

Is anyone considering the DB Campus thing? I'm hoping competition for that will be relatively small.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from HSBC saying I passed their numerical. Seriously, more banks should do that, it's nice to know where you're at after doing these things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahyahyahs)
    It was my first one, kinda scared now. Didn't realise it was so tough. Think I might go for the DB Campus Rep role rather than even considering submitting apps for the Spring Insight and Scholarship at DB, CS and BOAML. Also still waiting on the a-okay from some people for permission to use them as referees on my CV - they're not replying SHL? I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Rookie mistake of just deciding on Sunday I wanted to apply to some schemes
    Aha, I haven't quite got to grips with the numericals either yet but i think it's all down to practise. Haha, I only recently decided to apply as well! SHL is a type of test that some banks use. CS and DB both use PSL. Good luck with it all!

Does anyone have a link for the BOAML spring week? Can't seem to find it...

Also, anyone heard anything from GS yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outsanity)
    Just got an email from HSBC saying I passed their numerical. Seriously, more banks should do that, it's nice to know where you're at after doing these things.
    ^This.

Such a wait for the others! If you havent yet been invited to an RBS AC, would you be out of the running?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroTro)
    ^This.

Such a wait for the others! If you havent yet been invited to an RBS AC, would you be out of the running?
    No idea, but I know for sure that there are a lot of people waiting with these unoficial AC offers. Meaning that they did make the cut, but have yet an AC to be scheduled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroTro)
    ^This.

Judging by what the RBS HR guy I spoke to said to me, if you haven't been invited to an AC there is still a chance at this point--but there are not many places left, so it really is dependent on just how many they take from this week and next week's ACs.

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, so far:

Closed:
    - Goldman Sachs
    - JP Morgan
    - Citi
    - Morgan Stanley

Still open:
    - Deutsche Bank
    - BNPP
    - CS
    - UBS
    - BoA ML
    - Nomura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by painauchocolat)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, so far:

Closed:
    - Goldman Sachs
    - JP Morgan
    - Citi
    - Morgan Stanley

Still open:
    - Deutsche Bank
    - BNPP
    - CS
    - UBS
    - BoA ML
    - Nomura
    You forgot to add Barclays Capital, RBS and HSBC.

ReputationRep:
    How are Nomura still open?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    How are Nomura still open?
    well the deadline is supposedly Jan 15th, but there have been rumours on here that they have filled up the places on the programme already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    well the deadline is supposedly Jan 15th, but there have been rumours on here that they have filled up the places on the programme already!
    Yeah several of us had an email saying that, probably just a way to reject people without hurting their feelings lol.

ReputationRep:
    what does nomura "on hold after screening" mean? do you guys think that there is still a chance to be invited?

ReputationRep:
    Your application has been submitted and is under consideration- This is RBS. Haven't even had the chance to do a numerical yet!

May I add i submitted this 4 days ago.

What I'm hearing makes the deadline system futile.

ReputationRep:
    To people who sent off a Credit Suisse application, as soon as you submitted your application were you asked to complete a verbal test within two days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outsanity)
    Any tips mate?

ReputationRep:
    Citi's numerical is weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Citi's numerical is weird.
    Assuming they use the same one as they do for their summer internship scheme with 12 Qs, their numerical test is actually very unique. The test measures how you are doing, and the more questions you get right the harder the test becomes. So its one of the few numericals where if you found it really hard, it doesn't necessarily mean you done badly (unlike most SHL ones where they're all pretty straight forward and once used to them should be a cake walk, although they do take some time to get used too if bran new to them).

The reason I'm posting here though guys, is for those who weren't aware as I didn't see it mentioned in the post above, ICAP also do a spring week. Just another opportunity I thought some of you may not be aware of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Any tips mate?
    Just standard SHL test really man, helps if you get some questions you've done before Don't spend too long on any question you don't think you're going to be able to work out, may as well just take a guess and move on to others which you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've applied to Credit Suisse Spring Week and are now required to take the verbal assesment. Has anybody experience with CS's verbal assesment? Is it SHL? Is it in english or can I switch to other languages, eg german?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaMaS)
    Hey,

I've applied to Credit Suisse Spring Week and are now required to take the verbal assesment. Has anybody experience with CS's verbal assesment? Is it SHL? Is it in english or can I switch to other languages, eg german?

Thank you!
    Yes to all your questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.