Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts)
    Chill out.

Most of them won't even have thought about dates yet--RBS at AC there would be two weeks but they didn't have dates yet.

They will tell you the dates when you get an offer though--obviously they are not just going to say 'you have an offer, accept or don't, we won't tell you the dates'.
    RBS is the exception tho - I swear most banks only have 1 week.............
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dreams_sky)
    =( Is the deadline for that over?
    No, end of the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahyahyahs)
    No, end of the month.
    Did you even get to do any tests?? they rejected me saying i havnt met the eligibility requirements for HSBC 1st yr internship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    RBS is the exception tho - I swear most banks only have 1 week.............
    If I recall GS has a 2-week SW as well.

EDIT: HSBC rejection with no test, wtf? (for the spring programme btw)

ReputationRep:
    No point worrying about dates. Firstly you'll only consider dates if you have an offer. Should you get two offers with clashing dates then it is a case of evaluating each one (conversion to intern rates, prestige etc) and deciding then.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. I thought I totally f*cked up the numerical for MS but just got a call and now scheduled for first round of telephone interview. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raphael_R)
    Wow.. I thought I totally f*cked up the numerical for MS but just got a call and now scheduled for first round of telephone interview. Yay!
    Congrats man. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raphael_R)
    Just out of interest. When will you be having your interview considering they only contacted you today? Is it a relatively quick process or will you have to wait something like next month, lol.

Cheers for the answer and congrats bro.

ReputationRep:
    RBS Operations assessment centre next week, any idea what i should expect?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    If I recall GS has a 2-week SW as well.

EDIT: HSBC rejection with no test, wtf? (for the spring programme btw)
    ye gs has two weeks which is unfortunate - coz takes over over spring weeks - dont worry about hsbc - just focus on the top bulge brackets - if u ask me rbs, hsbc, lloyds to a lesser extent are gonna go down the drain - with thousands of job cuts etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    ye gs has two weeks which is unfortunate - coz takes over over spring weeks - dont worry about hsbc - just focus on the top bulge brackets - if u ask me rbs, hsbc, lloyds to a lesser extent are gonna go down the drain - with thousands of job cuts etc
    HSBC?! It's very true their IB arm isn't particularly big, especially in relative terms but developed-economy growth is going to be so stagnant for the next 5 years or so that you want to be with a bank with large exposure to the emerging markets. HSBC have this perfectly. Definitely one of the top top banks to be with in the next decade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly xx)
    HSBC?! It's very true their IB arm isn't particularly big, especially in relative terms but developed-economy growth is going to be so stagnant for the next 5 years or so that you want to be with a bank with large exposure to the emerging markets. HSBC have this perfectly. Definitely one of the top top banks to be with in the next decade.
    ye hsbc is a good bank - but I wouldnt say better than jp, gs or ms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris_jo)
    Congrats man. When did you apply?
    1 of december :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Just out of interest. When will you be having your interview considering they only contacted you today? Is it a relatively quick process or will you have to wait something like next month, lol.

Cheers for the answer and congrats bro.
    Next week

ReputationRep:
    Barclays Capital AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    ye hsbc is a good bank - but I wouldnt say better than jp, gs or ms
    No of course not, I just wouldn't put it in the same league as RBS in terms of future growth or lack of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    Barclays Capital AC
    When is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WHITKA)
    When is yours?
    January. Did you apply for the front office spring week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    January. Did you apply for the front office spring week?
    Nope, Technology, thought FO would be full cos I only applied 3 days ago.

ReputationRep:
    I think MS get back to you either based on when you applied - the later you applied the quicker they get back to you or how well you did in the numerical test - the better you did the longer they will reply - based on what my friends have said.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.