Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizzzy)
    Did you guys get this in your rejection email for Morgan Stanley?

We would like to emphasise that we were very impressed with your achievements. However, hiring needs make it necessary for us to make some difficult choices from amongst groups of very talented individuals.
    Yeah, I got that. I'd imagine it's so they can say they kept their promise from an earlier email, ie. "Interviews for the Spring Insight programme will start at the beginning of December and we will get back to you at this time to provide you with some feedback on your application."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    How that? You seem to be the only one.
    No idea why and if it's good news?

Only the operations division though, not for securities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rc18)
    Yep, got this too. Definitely BS if you ask me!
    I got the post rejection interview one. At least they changed the email a bit lol

Thank you for taking the time to interview for our Spring Insight Programme. Our team enjoyed speaking with you and learning more about your experiences and interests. However, limited hiring needs force us to make some difficult decisions and we are unable to proceed further with your application.

Your background was most impressive and our decision should not be interpreted as a reflection of your capabilities or skills, as your education and experiences will qualify you for many challenging and rewarding opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mab13)

Well, your app is being reviewed. That's what matters.

I applied for IBD/CF but the status is still "Application received"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mab13)

I was talking to someone at university who got a GS offer and he claims that if you go under review before they are supposed to get back to you, means you have a phone interview / are actually being considered. If its just received that apparently means straight rejection.

The extent to which I believed him was very low, but mine went under review a few weeks ago so naturally I believe it is now a fact

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from UBS since the testing stage? Just did the tests- how many do you reckon you can get away with getting wrong on numerical and logic to pass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salvius)
    Has anyone heard from UBS since the testing stage? Just did the tests- how many do you reckon you can get away with getting wrong on numerical and logic to pass?
    Nothing yet, I must have done the tests Xmas eve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mab13)
    Goldman Sachs application under review...
    post a screen shot then.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Mine says application received

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecodman)
    Mine says application received
    They probably started reviewing application yesterday - every1's will change probably next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Applications
    Title Status Action
    2012 | EMEA | London | OPS | Spring Program Application Under Review Review
    2012 | EMEA | London | SEC | Spring Program Application received Review

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mab13)
    Applications
    Title Status Action
    ops is operations!!! competition is less for operation no?

I thought u meant for IBD...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mab13)
    Applications
    Title Status Action
    You got me scared for a second there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icancount23)
    CS offer. Applied on new years day, did tests on that day and got offered telephone interview week later. Had interview at the start of the week and got a call yesterday giving me the offer. My CV and cover letter were by no means amazing. My online tests weren't awesome (people on here predict themselves perfect scores, don't get intimidated), but i think i did pretty well. Interview was pretty relaxed, focussed on cv and linked back to competencies. Very impressed by CS hr, very relaxed atmosphere which i think is appropriate for a spring week. My advice to you would be to try and sound like a human being in the interview, if you are likeable they'll want you. Any questions, feel free to ask
    Hi. Could you please give me some help as to how to tailor your CV and covering letter when applying for a spring week or if there's anything that helped you, could you link it to me? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Had my CS telephone interview on tuesday, got a rejection yesterday :sigh:

It didn't go great but not too bad either, although I did find myself saying a lot of "erm...urmmmm....errrr....." .

Here's a tip, if you can try to record yourself when you're having the phone interview and after it's done play it back. Listen to yourself and see how you're coming across, this is what I did and you notice some habbits that you didn't think you have.

With regards to what came up in the interview itself, in my case I only put down one things in the leadership section of their form which was being captain of a cricket club for 8 years (a pretty good club, over 90 years old and recognised all over the south). However they proper grilled me on this and said the form specified that any such sport leadership doesn't count unless it's on a national level?
    So I was assessed as having no leadership experience and they grilled me pretty hard on that, I was put on the spot to think of other examples.
    The rest was basic comp questions.

EDIT: FYI CS have already been doing ACs and giving out offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zynx)
    Had my CS telephone interview on tuesday, got a rejection yesterday :sigh:

It didn't go great but not too bad either, although I did find myself saying a lot of "erm...urmmmm....errrr....." .

Here's a tip, if you can try to record yourself when you're having the phone interview and after it's done play it back. Listen to yourself and see how you're coming across, this is what I did and you notice some habbits that you didn't think you have.

With regards to what came up in the interview itself, in my case I only put down one things in the leadership section of their form which was being captain of a cricket club for 8 years (a pretty good club, over 90 years old and recognised all over the south). However they proper grilled me on this and said the form specified that any such sport leadership doesn't count unless it's on a national level?
    So I was assessed as having no leadership experience and they grilled me pretty hard on that, I was put on the spot to think of other examples.
    The rest was basic comp questions.

EDIT: FYI CS have already been doing ACs and giving out offers.
    Hi sorry to hear about the rejection. I was just wondering what these 'competency questions' that everyone keeps mentioning are? Are they the basic why here, why IBD, what skills do you have etc.
    Thanks and good luck with your other applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby)
    Hi sorry to hear about the rejection. I was just wondering what these 'competency questions' that everyone keeps mentioning are? Are they the basic why here, why IBD, what skills do you have etc.
    Thanks and good luck with your other applications.
    That's exactly what it is. Google competency questions and you will find the standard ones to practice.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone having problems logging into the citi system to do the numerical test???

When I reset password and copy the password in - it says invalid.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Is anyone having problems logging into the citi system to do the numerical test???

When I reset password and copy the password in - it says invalid.....
    Nope, had the same issue (forgetting my passowrd), had to reset it and everything worked just fine. I guess that's why technical support is around, might as well just contact them.

PS you have a message in your inbox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Nope, had the same issue (forgetting my passowrd), had to reset it and everything worked just fine. I guess that's why technical support is around, might as well just contact them.

PS you have a message in your inbox.
    ye been trying do log in for the last 5 hours lol - will reply to ure message when i have a chance lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.