Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys to all those with jpm interviews this week - if I were u revise capitals of countries lol - u have no idea what I was asked lol and also presidents of countries - expect the unexpected !!

ReputationRep:
    Finally did UBS tests earlier today. How long after doing them can you expect a rejection email? I'm not entirely confident on how I did, especially on some of the last few questions of the logical which I did not get at all. Also is there any other aspect to the application now? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I had my telephone interview with Morgan Stanley on the 20th of December (nearly a month ago), and I still haven't heard back. I think I did relatively average, not too amazing, but not too bad. Do you think I should send them an e-mail asking about the status of my application?

From what I've realised, MS is handing out replies currently, and I am still waiting for one..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Han)
    Finally did UBS tests earlier today. How long after doing them can you expect a rejection email? I'm not entirely confident on how I did, especially on some of the last few questions of the logical which I did not get at all. Also is there any other aspect to the application now? Thanks
    If you don't get a rejection in the next 3/4 days I think it's safe to say you passed the tests

I'm pretty sure they don't interview, so yeah that's all there is to it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by miml)

:eek:

WHY THE HELL DID I MAKE THINGS HARDER FOR MYSELF BY APPLYING TO HORIZONS? :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Downbutup)
    Hi guys,

I had my telephone interview with Morgan Stanley on the 20th of December (nearly a month ago), and I still haven't heard back. I think I did relatively average, not too amazing, but not too bad. Do you think I should send them an e-mail asking about the status of my application?

From what I've realised, MS is handing out replies currently, and I am still waiting for one..
    When did you apply? Uni/course?

ReputationRep:
    Just logged into UBS (standard Sunday evening check) and believe HR status has changed from "Application Complete" to "Application Review." Does this mean anything whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amarcou)
    Just logged into UBS (standard Sunday evening check) and believe HR status has changed from "Application Complete" to "Application Review." Does this mean anything whatsoever?
    I think it means you passed the tests.

Mine's been on Application review for a month now, and it changed from complete to review the 3 (working) days after I took the tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroTro)
    When did you apply? Uni/course?
    I applied in late November. Bristol doing straight Econ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Downbutup)
    I applied in late November. Bristol doing straight Econ.
    Have you got any news from any other banks you have applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :eek:

WHY THE HELL DID I MAKE THINGS HARDER FOR MYSELF BY APPLYING TO HORIZONS? :rant:
    Yeah I actually really liked the Horizons program, but I didn't want to risk it (chickened out, plus the essay looked tricky ). I might still try and apply for something similar this summer though.
    (Original post by miml)
    If you don't get a rejection in the next 3/4 days I think it's safe to say you passed the tests

Thanks, good (or bad?) to hear . Fingers crossed for the next few days then.

ReputationRep:
    UBS dont do interviews?! WTF? If i knew that I would have spent more time on this app...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)

so if you pass UBS tests you get a spring week?!

sounds too good to be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    so if you pass UBS tests you get a spring week?!

sounds too good to be true.
    Lol no, if you pass the tests your app just gets screened, not more, not less. If your background is ****ty, you'll get a rejection sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    Lol no, if you pass the tests your app just gets screened, not more, not less. If your background is ****ty, you'll get a rejection sooner or later.
    oh ok, i assumed ubs pre-screened apps then tested...so its apply, test then screen...

i thought ubs logical was tougher than rbs logical but there you go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    oh ok, i assumed ubs pre-screened apps then tested...so its apply, test then screen...

i thought ubs logical was tougher than rbs logical but there you go...
    Dunno, didn't take the RBS one.

But I'm really amazed that UBS doesnt make interviews...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Good luck guys to all those with jpm interviews this week - if I were u revise capitals of countries lol - u have no idea what I was asked lol and also presidents of countries - expect the unexpected !!
    What are you talking about?

I was asked competency and couple of technical questions as well as brain teasers. All the generic stuff.

ReputationRep:
    anyone remembers if it was required to submit Cover Letter during application process for UBS (Insight)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milanftw)
    anyone remembers if it was required to submit Cover Letter during application process for UBS (Insight)?
    yep cover letter too.

ReputationRep:
    If you havent heard any (phone)interview/AC incite from RBS/DB/MS/CS and applied early december, would you say that there's no chance for those banks now? I.E. Imminent rejection?

Thank you

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.