Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdy303)
    markets
    cheers...oh well... compare and contrast to...

Thank you for completing your online reasoning test.

We have received your results, which we will now consider before deciding whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.

Because we will be benchmarking your performance against other candidates who have applied for your selected programme, you may not hear immediately whether you have been successful in reaching the next stage. Please be assured, however, that we will update you when we have come to a decision.

Kind Regards

Graduate Recruitment Team
    The Royal Bank of Scotland Group

think i mucked up the RBS numerical after passing the logical which is really annoying.

surely they would just straight reject me, rather than give me this half baked reply. yours is much more positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Was there a stage beforehand? Like, did you have a telephone interview before? And I know you've told me before, but when did you apply?
    No.

I applied 14th December I believe.

ReputationRep:
    also did the BNP Paribas app for spring week say they wanted maths, physics, econ undergrads/ numerate degrees?? or did they not specify??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecodman)
    anyone got any DB interviews/offers??/
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had a really late slot for MS telephone interview?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    yes
    what division? cheers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an AC at MS??

ReputationRep:
    Hi I did a numerical test for DB for a summer internship IB last monday, does anyone know how long it takes roughly for them to get back to you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cake22)
    Has anyone had an AC at MS??
    I had my telephone interview in December and yet to hear back. Whats your situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly xx)
    Anyone else had a really late slot for MS telephone interview?!?
    What do you mean? Had my phone interview in December and yet to hear back. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    My phone interview with MS was early Dec. Haven't heard back since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Downbutup)
    Grats for the interview! How do you think it went? I havent heard of anyone who has an MS offer, ive just seen a bunch of rejections tbh. Have you heard anything else?
    It went thus: "Hey you all right. I'm really sorry but we're going to have to reschedule."

But we chatted for a bit about the recruitment process and all telephone interviews finish on friday, and from there offers/AC maybe given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbokapitalist)
    My phone interview with MS was early Dec. Haven't heard back since.
    You'll hear next week or the week after that at the very latest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Downbutup)
    Had my telephone interview with MS on December 20th. Still no reply. What should I do?
    what did they ask you during telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    phone-raped by jane street capital

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughforever)
    phone-raped by jane street capital
    They just call you out of the blue? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jina0927)
    what did they ask you during telephone interview?
    I got random questions, know all the basic competency questions, some macro in the current market and be prepared for brainteasers. I hadn't expected the last one but nailed it. Keep cool and speak while you think, that's my major advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Which program?
    women's immersion

(Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Interesting, when did you apply?
    beginning of december

(Original post by eco1234)
    is this for the womens programme or normal spring week? did you have an interview?
    I had 2 interviews, one with a biz rep and one with an HR

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Just wanting a little advice,

I applied to Barcap, GS and UBS, didn't really take UBS and barcap to serious because I am first year in 4 year degree program. So I did tests for UBS and was not successful. I am really interested in working for a firm like this but feel my skills are more communication and sales rather than maybe mathematics. I have applied to GS for IBD but regretting that now. Dose anyone have any ideas of roles within these firms that sound appealing to someone like me and any programs that are available? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louismhale)
    Hi there,

Just wanting a little advice,

I applied to Barcap, GS and UBS, didn't really take UBS and barcap to serious because I am first year in 4 year degree program. So I did tests for UBS and was not successful. I am really interested in working for a firm like this but feel my skills are more communication and sales rather than maybe mathematics. I have applied to GS for IBD but regretting that now. Dose anyone have any ideas of roles within these firms that sound appealing to someone like me and any programs that are available? Thanks
    Most positions involve maths.And for most positions you will need to take a numerical, eventhough in some cases the job itself won't have to do so much with maths. have you considered HR?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.