Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroTro)
    Women's immersion?
    Yup!

ReputationRep:
    Damn women...

Like someone said some weeks ago: f*** u u investment banking whores.

Haha

No, joke, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    Damn women...

Like someone said some weeks ago: f*** u u investment banking whores.

Haha

No, joke, congrats!
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NY#)
    Nomura offer! ....anyone heard anything @ all from GS?
    Congrats ! Did you have any tests or interviews before getting the offer?
    Haven't heard anything from GS myself, but I suspect they will start giving out interviews soon.

ReputationRep:
    I've never wanted to be an asian girl more than I do today.

Woman? Check.
    Cleavage to reveal in an interview? Check.
    Ethnic minority? Check.
    Investment banking internship so that firms can prove their gender and ethnic 'diversity'? Check.

Equal salary? Che....no wait.

Just kidding, congrats to those who got an offer!

ReputationRep:
    I have a question regarding Morgan Stanley Spring insight programme, does anyone know what dates it actually takes place? Ive tried to google it, but I cant find out...

The thing is, I have two offers, Credit Suisse and Nomura, and they dont collide, I want to see if I can do MS aswell (because I am waiting if I get to second round or not)

PS. I am not a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrebarro)
    I have a question regarding Morgan Stanley Spring insight programme, does anyone know what dates it actually takes place? Ive tried to google it, but I cant find out...

The thing is, I have two offers, Credit Suisse and Nomura, and they dont collide, I want to see if I can do MS aswell (because I am waiting if I get to second round or not)

PS. I am not a woman.
    MS has to weeks, either 26-30/3 or 2-6/4. Don't know how they will distribute between the weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any information about the likelyhood of getting fasttracked onto a summer internship if you've been on a spring week? Specifically regarding CS.

ReputationRep:
    how long does it take for RBS to let you know if you've met their requirements for their testing?

and do they let you know if you've failed as well?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wahey, I've heard from somewhere at last!

Passed UBS numerical and logical for Horizons and now need to write an essay by Wednesday 25th. The email said that people would find out if they'd been invited to the AC on the 26th.

I find it massively ironic that UBS was the last firm I applied to- sent my app off a few days ago- and yet it's the only bank I've heard from properly so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icancount23)
    Does anyone have any information about the likelyhood of getting fasttracked onto a summer internship if you've been on a spring week? Specifically regarding CS.
    If you attend the spring week then you will usually have an interview after it (either directly after or a few/several months later. So there isn't really any luck involved as such (in whether you apply at the right time etc with Nomura for spring weeks). If you're good in that interview then you'll get an offer. From my experience, a lot of the people i know who had spring weeks converted them; i do know a few people who are really good, who didn't convert, but i guess they may have had bad interviews.

In general, CS convert pretty high if i remember correctly; summer to grad role, was something like 70% last year (source being the company presentation at my uni). Not sure of exact figures for spring to summer conversions though.

ReputationRep:
    If we convert SW to summer intern and accept it then can you still apply to other banks (to see if you get a better offer)? Or would HR know you already have a summer offer elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    If we convert SW to summer intern and accept it then can you still apply to other banks (to see if you get a better offer)? Or would HR know you already have a summer offer elsewhere?
    You can still apply, but then accepting another firm's offer after accepting with X would pretty much leave you on the blacklist for the rest of your life with that firm, possibly several firms due to the IB world being very small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    You can apply to other banks. Best thing to do is to hold off signing the contract with the bank you did your spring week with; see if you get any other offers, then sign with either your spring week bank, or the new bank.

If you can't hold off the signing of the spring week contract, then i would personally sign it and then apply to other banks and then make a decision when you have offers from others.

In relation to reneging and blacklisting, i reneged on a contract with one of the big 4; they took it well (as though it was no surprise) and even sent me an email wishing me well in my career; so i'm not sure if i'm blacklisted or not. I reckon reneging on JPMorgan or Deutche for example, might be a bit different to reneging on the big 4 who takes like 1,000 graduates every year anyway.

Either way; i would risk reneging and blacklisting for a better offer.

EDIT: And by the way; HR of other banks would not know that you had an offer somewhere else. However, mentioning you have an offer from another bank will make them look at your application more seriously and potentially move you through to interview/AC faster if you let them know that you must sign with the spring week bank by a certain time. And don't mention you have the offer in your cover letter (in my opinion); call the bank HR if anything, or mention at first round interview (if you get there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Wahey, I've heard from somewhere at last!

Passed UBS numerical and logical for Horizons and now need to write an essay by Wednesday 25th. The email said that people would find out if they'd been invited to the AC on the 26th.

I find it massively ironic that I applied to UBS was the last firm I applied to- sent my app off a few days ago- and yet it's the only bank I've heard from properly so far.
    Same! I presume not many have got this far as they've only quoted just a day to read all the essays and decide who goes through to the final AC :s

It was one of my last applications as well :P

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all who are through to the UBS Horizons next stage.

I was wondering if we have to reply to this email:
    [email protected]

is that correct?

also, if we don't make it to the Horizons program, is there a good chance to make it to the spring insight program? i heard that this is possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10realmadrid)
    Congratulations to all who are through to the UBS Horizons next stage.

I was wondering if we have to reply to this email:
    [email protected]

is that correct?

also, if we don't make it to the Horizons program, is there a good chance to make it to the spring insight program? i heard that this is possible?
    From the FAQ page:

Please note that if you are not chosen as one of the 8 winners and 8 runners up we may still consider you for our Insights Program.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from Citigroup offering me a Numerical test!

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizzzy)

Anyone else?
    Same - I was actually expecting a rejection based on the number of errors in my cover letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizzzy)

Anyone else?
    yeah did mine last week
    good luck

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.