Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just scheduled my BaML interview for next week. The lady told me that it is a 20 min competency based interview. She also told me that it is the final stage, so there will not be any face-to-face interviews.

Anybody have any experience with these BaML telephone interviews? Oh yeah, almost forgot: It will be with HR.

Also, I received my MS rejection today..had my phone interview in mid-december.

Did any of the IBD JPM applicants hear back from them? My interview was last wednesday

Regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Does that really matter at this stage? It's not like I will actually do any work for either. I mean I can understand if it was an internship position, but most likely I'll reapply for internships anyway so surely it's better to go for the longer one. That's my reasoning at the moment, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
    Don't go for the longer one really. I would say go for the one that interests you more and will expose you to things that you want to learn more about.

ReputationRep:
    for jp morgan fast track - are the interviews for their summer scemes right after the spring week or after the summer hols?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jina0927)
    which division have you applied? i got an offer from hsbc (global markets)
    It's not divisional. My application form, and the website says it for Global Banking & Markets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbokapitalist)
    Just scheduled my BaML interview for next week. The lady told me that it is a 20 min competency based interview. She also told me that it is the final stage, so there will not be any face-to-face interviews.

Anybody have any experience with these BaML telephone interviews? Oh yeah, almost forgot: It will be with HR.

Also, I received my MS rejection today..had my phone interview in mid-december.

Did any of the IBD JPM applicants hear back from them? My interview was last wednesday

Regards
    How did they tell you? Email or phone? And which division did you apply for?
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithsonian)
    I just received an invite for rbs' numerical test. Do you think that means good news for me? Which dept did u apply to?
    Probably IBD and if you've applied there too then you're wasting your time buddy !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    for jp morgan fast track - are the interviews for their summer scemes right after the spring week or after the summer hols?
    depends. some had it the week after the SW, some over summer the rest had first round in october. not sure if it in the end was that everybody got fast-tracked or not. also might have depended on whether you had other SWs or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedski)
    Who are you both waiting to hear from? It must be from somewhere we mutually applied to surely?!
    My JPM Markets application status was updated online to "Offer Extended" before they called me. You might want to check that if you're not sure who the call was from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jina0927)
    just wondering did you get an email says " limited space on the programme forces us to make some difficult decisions and we are unable to proceed further with your application." ??
    Yes, that mail..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedski)
    How did they tell you? Email or phone? And which division did you apply for?
    Well done!
    They called me and I applied for IBD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHR89)
    depends. some had it the week after the SW, some over summer the rest had first round in october. not sure if it in the end was that everybody got fast-tracked or not. also might have depended on whether you had other SWs or not
    do you know what they do for IBD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icancount23)
    People find these things quite a struggle to get on, if you say it is easy you just seem like a prick.
    I was under the impression that getting an internship/ FT position was supposed to easiest part of a career in investment banking. Regarding looking like a prick...I think most of the general public think traders are pricks so this is good preparation I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6bNKS8QAjM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    do you know what they do for IBD?
    everybody got fast-tracked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHR89)
    everybody got fast-tracked.
    I meant for IBD when are the fast track interviews? - as in October or a week after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    I was under the impression that getting an internship/ FT position was supposed to easiest part of a career in investment banking. Regarding looking like a prick...I think most of the general public think traders are pricks so this is good preparation I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6bNKS8QAjM
    Genuine question: Are you entering IB solely for the money?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know of/have a list of dates for the different banks. It would be nice to know what clashes with what. I know some of them are not listed, but maybe we could use dates from last year with an asterisks.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't received a message by jpm, applied for industry...
    Anyone in the same position?
    Any rejections sent yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    RBS or HSBC?
    RBS is 5 days, HSBC is 3 days. Both are non-divisional. Which one should I go for as they clash?
    There is more to it than RBS is ****, go for HSBC.

From past years RBS has been known for not giving the best spring week overall. However, you need to consider that at the moment (maybe not by spring), RBS does have a pretty big and established investment bank in London; as i said before 'at the moment'. HSBC on the other hand is less established in London (in IB terms). HSBC will give you the better fast-track opportunities, but it is a new programme, and not the most established in bank in London (talking IB terms); RBS on the other hand have been running their programme for years and have an established investment bank at the moment.

I may be biased, but i would go for RBS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Genuine question: Are you entering IB solely for the money?
    to be perfectly honest. even if he does get loads of springs. to be a trader over the long term you need to be smart, and a warwick maths student will always look better than some tosser from ucl.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Banker91)
    to be perfectly honest. even if he does get loads of springs. to be a trader over the long term you need to be smart, and a warwick maths student will always look better than some tosser from ucl.
    That post was going so well until the emboldened.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.