The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ramin Gorji
If they were fat slobs they would have even bigger ''titties'' to look at :wink: :biggrin:

Yes with more stretch marks too.
Reply 3261
Original post by Doughnuts!!
"Obviously"?

ye?
From what I've learnt in this thread: Be a complete dick and arrogant as **** and you'll get offers.
Original post by LawQC
it says the spring week starts on a sunday - ye I got in - obviously -

When did you hear from them?
Original post by Michael XYZ
From what I've learnt in this thread: Be a complete dick and arrogant as **** and you'll get offers.

The sort of people the industry attracts repels me from it. It seriously does. Imagine working with some of the people in this thread. Imagine spending over sixty hours a week in the company of some of the ****ers who populate this board.

^^^
I just hope my interviewer isn't a fat slob and actually works out. Could talk for days about lifting, would be nice if I could get into some more "personal" things.

Also, I thought people said BoAML don't interview or anything?

Haha, I would really love to have a interviewer like that. Talking about squats, deadlifts and BCAA for 30 min would be a piece of cake. :biggrin:
Original post by icancount23
The sort of people the industry attracts repels me from it. It seriously does. Imagine working with some of the people in this thread. Imagine spending over sixty hours a week in the company of some of the ****ers who populate this board.

Heh, exactly.
Original post by icancount23

:rofl:

So true!
Reply 3269
Did any1 manage to find out when the gs spring week is???
Reply 3270
Original post by LawQC

Have you got an interview with gs?

well said :smile:
Original post by milanftw
its not about who you like or not
in work its about respect, and you should respect one if he is good at what he does, and does it professionally
even though you know that he is a jerk

but yeah, i agree.. this thread is full of ****ers, as is the industry
make a name for yourself and you will have more choices

http://dealbreaker.com/tag/no-jerk-policy/

Doesn't always work like that, and that's a good thing. Being good at what you do is no excuse for being a douche.
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
http://dealbreaker.com/tag/no-jerk-policy/

Doesn't always work like that, and that's a good thing. Being good at what you do is no excuse for being a douche.

We aren't douches. The banks see us as the future of their business. The douches are the jealous losers with no interviews, offers or personality who neg people who are making progress in the industry.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3274
Original post by i_hate_teeth
We aren't douches. The banks see us as the future of their business. The douches are the jealous losers with no interviews, offers or personality who neg people who are making progress in the industry.

Spoken like a true douche :wink:
Reply 3275
I'm pretty sure those who may come across as jerks on this forum are actually perfectly nice people who would be reasonable to work with. People applying to IB are confident enough, it's easy for that to come across as arrogance on the internet.

As for RBS vs HSBC I think I'm going to go with RBS. If I got an internship at either I would still reapply to try my luck at the bigger BBs and I think RBS would look better on the CV. Also since it's HSBC's first year running a spring week I don't know what it will involve/how good it will be - and it's only 3 days. 5 days is short enough, 3 is nothing. Hopefully I can get an offer from another place and try and get a big brand name on my CV, but for now an insight into the industry is enough and more important to me right now than an internship.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by i_hate_teeth

No one negs you for making progress in the industry. They neg you if you act in a hostile and/or generally arrogant manner. It really doesn't take more than an ounce of empathy for you to realise that calling this 'easy' isn't going to make you any friends, especially when many of those here don't have any offers yet.

I get the feeling you're simply playing up to the reputation you've built now, since I know from being around for a good while that you haven't always acted like this. It seems like you just find it amusing to rile people here.

Anyway--good luck with your SWs and good luck converting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3277
Original post by LawQC

I know the dates, but there's written in the email that it is confidential - I don't want to risk it, mate. Sorry.

READ ON 3 POSTS LATER -.- 2 neg rep for a joke, f u u f'ing investment banking whores xD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jevira
I know the dates, but there's written in the email that it is confidential - I don't want to risk it, mate. Sorry.

living on the edge!
Lol at confidential stuff.

What they gonna do, look around your TSR posts in the hope they find out who you are and reject you? XD

Latest

Trending

Trending