Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milanftw)
    lol one question

what you think guys, is it possible to apply again for BAML spring week?

you know, change details on the first (unsuccessfull) application
    and send a new one from a new e-mail address?

will they match old and new one?
    asking since deadline is on 30th so..
    Your name will be the same, so yes the database will flag it up as a duplicate application.

ReputationRep:
    lol one question

what you think guys, is it possible to apply again for BAML spring week?

you know, change details on the first (unsuccessfull) application
    and send a new one from a new e-mail address?

will they match old and new one?
    asking since deadline is on 30th so..
    What will you change in the application itself that you think may change their decision? If you're going to be submitting the same CV then I don't see much point. Unless you're thinking about applying to a different (less competitive) division?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)

I'm just responding to comments made towards me. Why would I be insecure when I already have a spring week at a top flight american BB, and multiple interview invitations? The fact that I don't need acceptance from the losers on this forum should show you that I'm quite secure in my own abilities.

I do my best to offend everyone at some point. If by some small, unintended oversight I haven't offended you yet then wait another week, I will get to you.
    I have no idea mate, I just know that I also have spring week offers from BB's yet feel no desire to come on here and try and irritate all the others who are still working their hardest to get one.

Intentionally trying to offend people at its very best is just pointless even if it is anonymous. Why bother?

ReputationRep:
    x
    What university do you go to out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys im writing a new application for baml (2. one, i got rejected at 1st one and deadline is 30.jan so why not give it a shot)
    which from these divisions should i put as my top 3 in order to get a highest chance to actually get accepted?

this is what they offer:

compliance
    corporate treasury
    global banking and market credit risk management
    global capital markets
    global corporate banking
    global corporate commercial investment banking tech and operations
    global investment banking
    global markets
    global markets operations and middle office
    global quanititive research
    global research
    global treasury solutions
    market risk
    merill lynch wealth management
    quantitative management

p.s. last time i took:
    1)global investment banking
    2)global banking and market credit risk management
    3)merill lynch wealth management
    I doubt it'll make much difference because I'm guessing most people will put IB first preference and then the 2/3 are different for everyone, I chose capital markets and quantitative research as my 2nd and 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    I do my best to offend everyone at some point. If by some small, unintended oversight I haven't offended you yet then wait another week, I will get to you.
    You haven't offended me yet and quite frankly I don't think you would be able to if you tried. Up for a challenge though.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys im writing a new application for baml (2nd one, i got rejected at 1st one and deadline is 30.jan so why not give it a shot)
    which from these divisions should i put as my top 3 in order to get a highest chance to actually get accepted?

this is what they offer:

compliance
    corporate treasury
    global banking and market credit risk management
    global capital markets
    global corporate banking
    global corporate commercial investment banking tech and operations
    global investment banking
    global markets
    global markets operations and middle office
    global quanititive research
    global research
    global treasury solutions
    market risk
    merill lynch wealth management
    quantitative management

p.s. last time i took:
    1)global investment banking
    2)global banking and market credit risk management
    3)merill lynch wealth management
    Lol why the hell would you apply twice? They rejected you.. why would they have a different decision this time when there will be even less spots and more applications to check?

ReputationRep:
    another BoAML rejection here

you reckon its literally because im not at a 'target'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    another BoAML rejection here

you reckon its literally because im not at a 'target'?
    That would probably contribute but it wouldn't be the only reason

ReputationRep:
    BoA rejection - probably had something to do with not including a cover letter.

Oh well... just signed all the docs for JPM spring week now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam smith)
    BoA rejection - probably had something to do with not including a cover letter.

Oh well... just signed all the docs for JPM spring week now :P
    when did you get the rejection? Which dept. did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Also rejection from BoAML.

I do go to a target so, yes, I don't think it's solely that. It's just more and more competitive and, meh, you really think they look at all of them? It's mainly luck, let's be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithsonian)
    when did you get the rejection? Which dept. did you apply to?
    Just and applied to markets.

ReputationRep:
    read my previous posts... its my choice i got my reasons, its not the point
    i just asked if one could say what would be top 3.......
    Well the fact that you're asking some strangers on the internet which divisions you should apply for implies you're not really that interested in any one position and this will probably be reflected on your application.

My advice: Do some research on what you actually want to do, whether that's S&T, ER, IBD, Ops, Technology and then get some relevant work experience from either cold calling or applying to smaller places.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hmm, not been rejected from BoA but this arduous waiting has made me bitter and I don't want to get my hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Also rejection from BoAML.

I do go to a target so, yes, I don't think it's solely that. It's just more and more competitive and, meh, you really think they look at all of them? It's mainly luck, let's be honest.
    Starting to agree with this tbh. I mean they aren't paying us and we wouldn't be doing any work - a large number of the applicants are probably have all the necessary qualifications/experiences anyway so it makes sense to pick at random. I also think there's a better chance of getting an internship than a SW.

Gonna hope that I don't get any emails from ML over the next 2 hours. 5 pm and I will be safe lol

EDIT: 3 minutes after this post, ML rejection.

ReputationRep:
    I mean, a lot of things in life are luck anyway but looking at CVs. Take a bunch of people all from Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial etc. All equally good, maybe have an internship or two done already. How do you pick between them? It's just random. "Oh, she has a nice name, let's get her".

I have two interviews so far and I will gladly accept it's all luck - aside from grades and university and work experience but I imagine so many of these are near identical. Even at the interview - your interviewer had a bad day and he won't like you. Another day, another question and you were in.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even get an online test for BoAML, was my application that bad or everyone on the same level??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_the_ripper)
    I didn't even get an online test for BoAML, was my application that bad or everyone on the same level??
    They don't do tests, which probably made their decisions all the more random. At least after tests they could significantly cut down the pool to only those who achieved x%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Starting to agree with this tbh. I mean they aren't paying us and we wouldn't be doing any work - a large number of the applicants are probably have all the necessary qualifications/experiences anyway so it makes sense to pick at random. I also think there's a better chance of getting an internship than a SW.

Gonna hope that I don't get any emails from ML over the next 2 hours. 5 pm and I will be safe lol
    I know for a fact that GS and BC pay their spring week interns.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.