Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by icap and bofa and interview at stanley and jpm, still waiting from other 8, wtf? Does it mean im rejected by others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sickboy)
    Rejected by icap and bofa and interview at stanley and jpm, still waiting from other 8, wtf? Does it mean im rejected by others?
    Are you still waiting to hear from JPM?

Are you doing IBD or sales and trading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sickboy)
    Hey man, congrats and tough luk at the same time, I guess you should still be very pleased!

Anywho, I wanted to ask whether you were rejected by ICAP pre or post AC?

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected from the first round by: JPM, Barcap, Morgan Stanley...
    JPM: I wasn't prepared enough: hard brain teasers and lot of questions of the bank
    BarCap: still don't know. It was with the HR... Maybe I didn't matched with the culture haha
    MS: Waiting for the feedback!:cool:

Well but I went to the final round of GS and LLoyds ... so we'll see the outcome soon!

Never give up! Even if I am rejected from all, I think there are many other opportunities

Cheers!! :beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luda88)
    JPM: I wasn't prepared enough: hard brain teasers and lot of questions of the bank
    BarCap: still don't know. It was with the HR... Maybe I didn't matched with the culture haha

Well but I went to the final round of GS and LLoyds ... so we'll see the outcome soon!

Never give up! Even if I am rejected from all, I think there are many other opportunities

Lloyds offer a spring week? And you've already had the GS interview?

You sure you aren't applying for internships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luda88)

When was your BarCap AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)

Yep, Lloyds has a summer internship for Corporate Markets lasting 10 weeks. Well it's hardly known as they just take 15 interns by year.

(Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    When was your BarCap AC?
    I didn't get to the AC. The first round was over the phone with the HR and didn't pass it... So no AC The phone interview was by the end of November.

ReputationRep:
    rejections from JP,MS
    icap-AC
    cs-had interview waiting for reply.
    still waiting to hear from nomura, gs, citi, boa
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by miml)

I don't know why she's on this thread as she's applying for summer internships.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember if UBS insights needed a CV as well? I just remember those 3/4 long questions...

ReputationRep:
    Always worrying to hear people talk about getting offers from places that I've not even heard back from.

Please, please, please let me get an offer for BarCap this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Always worrying to hear people talk about getting offers from places that I've not even heard back from.

When was your AC?

ReputationRep:

You sound pretty desperate. Too desperate in fact. It's just a Spring Week ffs.

ReputationRep:
    When was your AC?
    This week.

(Original post by Cabine Sono Qui)
    You sound pretty desperate. Too desperate in fact. It's just a Spring Week ffs.
    It is but you get fast-tracked to AC for Summer internship. It would be awesome to not have to bother with applying next year for that. Would save me a lot of time applying and possible interviews/phone interviews/ACs etc. etc.

Plus, if I get any more ACs/interviews you'd naturally feel 100x calmer and relaxed because you don't "need" it. Probably end up performing better.

ReputationRep:
    This week.

It is but you get fast-tracked to AC for Summer internship. It would be awesome to not have to bother with applying next year for that. Would save me a lot of time applying and possible interviews/phone interviews/ACs etc. etc.

Plus, if I get any more ACs/interviews you'd naturally feel 100x calmer and relaxed because you don't "need" it. Probably end up performing better.
    You might hear back from them this week - I had mine last week and was told i would get a call or email in the first week of Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes, they said 2nd/3rd February.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got rejected from GS yet? I havent heard back from them, says my app is under review.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I don't know why she's on this thread as she's applying for summer internships.
    Your prediction was right - still not a peep from UBS... (although wasn't expecting anything over the weekend once it got to Friday evening) :erm: tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrebarro)
    anyone got rejected from GS yet? I havent heard back from them, says my app is under review.
    It seems like they're interviewing A LOT of people. The overwhelming majority (i.e. more than 95%) of people that I know that applied to GS have received interview invitations - i have not heard of any rejections thus far.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like they're interviewing A LOT of people. The overwhelming majority of people that I know that applied to GS have received interview invitations - i have not heard of any rejections thus far.
    I like the way they're doing this. A lot of people are good on paper but would never suit the firm.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.