Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mSet)
    I like the way they're doing this. A lot of people are good on paper but would never suit the firm.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from MS post AC? I was told we'll be told around a week after the AC (mine was on Wednesday). I assume everyone will be hearing back this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    It seems like they're interviewing A LOT of people. The overwhelming majority (i.e. more than 95%) of people that I know that applied to GS have received interview invitations - i have not heard of any rejections thus far.
    Well, it's far from 95% on the TSR boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Well, it's far from 95% on the TSR boards.
    Well, that's why I said people I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    FML. MS rejection post interview. "we enjoyed talking" bull****.
    Sorry to hear it. Was it post telephone interview or post AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedbird)
    Sorry to hear it. Was it post telephone interview or post AC?
    post phone interview.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's why I said people I know.
    Hardly the majority, considering the 'vast' number of people you 'know'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Hardly the majority, considering the 'vast' number of people you 'know'.
    'When' did I 'say' that it was 'the' majority?

You do realise that trying to discredit me on this website won't help you get into an IB or hinder me from getting into one either?

ReputationRep:
    'When' did I 'say' that it was 'the' majority?

You do realise that trying to discredit me on this website won't help you get into an IB or hinder me from getting into one either?
    You really think my previous response was to 'discredit' you? No need for an answer by the way. This was kind of rhetorical.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like they're interviewing A LOT of people. The overwhelming majority (i.e. more than 95%) of people that I know that applied to GS have received interview invitations - i have not heard of any rejections thus far.
    That is true. I have a lot of friends who applied for summer internships with GS and pretty much all of them got an interview invite. But none of them got through that stage. I don;t want to discourage anyone who got an interview invite, but I would say it;s easier to get an intvw with GS than others, but harder to get to the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, not heard from GS but they told people only on Friday it seems from the posts here. We'll see. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing - nice to get an interview and at least be seen as more than just your CV. But then again, makes it harder for them to judge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EyesOnFire)
    That is true. I have a lot of friends who applied for summer internships with GS and pretty much all of them got an interview invite. But none of them got through that stage. I don;t want to discourage anyone who got an interview invite, but I would say it;s easier to get an intvw with GS than others, but harder to get to the next stage.
    ye I agree with this - I heard even if some1's interview 'went well' this is irrelevant - it comes down to whether the interviewer says yes or no i.e whether he is having a good or bad day - anything you say may annoy them so it is best to say very little lol

ReputationRep:
    barclays has both a numerical and verbal SHL test right?

deutsche has psl tests but do they have both numerical and verbal?

thanks for ur help

ReputationRep:
    just tried to submit the citiquest app, its says the deadline in 3rd Feb, but then says that the closing data for this vacancy has passed? anyone else with this problem, do u know if i can still apply to certificate in finance?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Downbutup)
    Has anyone heard from MS post AC? I was told we'll be told around a week after the AC (mine was on Wednesday). I assume everyone will be hearing back this week.
    Mine was on Tuesday and the HR girl said about two weeks?

I'm scared.

ReputationRep:
    Havent heard anything from GS, I originally applied for the Summer internship (yeah im an idiot and didnt read things through properly) but I then got an email saying theyd like to transfer me to the spring programme, which I guess can only be good but yet to hear anything back

ReputationRep:
    I have two emails, and throughout my apps for BOAML and Barclays i have one of my emails, but at the end of the cover letter i accidentally have my other email, they r quite similar but will I be rejected because of a mistake like this?

thanks
    sorry if this sounds like a retarded question but don't know whether to inform HR or just hope they dont find this little stupid mistake

ReputationRep:
    gonna have my barcap AC soon for FO, any idea what would come up in the AC? was pretty lost... thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedbird)
    Mine was on Tuesday and the HR girl said about two weeks?

I'm scared.
    What course you doing? I think MS runs two spring weeks ( one for economics related degrees and one for non related ones). So the time they tell us might be different..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    UBS sucks.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.