Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im just gonna fill out my applications now, I've put it off for too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmatichurricane)
    MS should send you the numerical test soon. I applied to JPM nearly a week ago and still haven't got the test link...hmm.
    Oh Ive done the MS numerical already and haven't yet applied to JPM! I literally have very little time my unis given me so much work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Oh Ive done the MS numerical already and haven't yet applied to JPM! I literally have very little time my unis given me so much work
    i don't even get a reading week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    You too?
    Join the club, never had a reading week. Piss take.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you call one day at home a reading week then yeah I had one lol. I don't see how everyone has time for all these bank apps ! Theres about 13 different ones and I've only applied to 2
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Yea...I have just as much work + all the numerous societies/clubs events and gatherings.

And don't get a reading week either. On the bright side, term ends on December 3rd so I have some time in early December to finish up the rest of my cover letters and applications.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is really organised (so organised you wouldnt beleive), i looked at all the applications beforehand, just after the summer holidays, and noted down all the compentecy questions for each bank and answered them in my spare time. I knew Uni work was going to be tough but its actually been worse than what i expected.

Anybody managed to improve their CV's in the past few months?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    As someone who is really organised (so organised you wouldnt beleive), i looked at all the applications beforehand, just after the summer holidays, and noted down all the compentecy questions for each bank and answered them in my spare time. I knew Uni work was going to be tough but its actually been worse than what i expected.

This is something realistically applicants should try to incorporate into their strategy to potentially strengthen their applications... if only this could be given as advice b4 it becomes critical!

ReputationRep:
    What uni is everyone here from? Just curious
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just got rejected by HSBC based on an online personality test, fun stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Yeah as soon as I started uni, got position on a society and all that stuff.

(Original post by TroTro)
    What uni is everyone here from? Just curious
    LSE. You wanna fight about it?

ReputationRep:
    UCL woop woop!

ReputationRep:
    i've just completed the MS numerical test and I was pushed for time! Ended up guessing 3 answers! Anyone have similar problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudeboy2)
    i've just completed the MS numerical test and I was pushed for time! Ended up guessing 3 answers! Anyone have similar problems?
    DB was tight!

ReputationRep:
    Do any banks have a word limit for the cover letter section of the application? Or do they only require that the cover letter be less than one page long?

ReputationRep:
    Do any banks have a word limit for the cover letter section of the application? Or do they only require that the cover letter be less than one page long?
    yeh, similar case with CV's, just expected to be a page i believe

ReputationRep:
    Yep the standard is for it to be one page long, ideally 300 words or at a stretch 500 words max.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you put a link to your profile on here in your cover letter.

ReputationRep:
    Goldman Sachs SUMMER INTERNSHIP is 300 words max; so maybe check the spring week application before writing a 500 word masterpiece.

All other banks should be standard whatever you want but don't go too short/long obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mSet)
    Make sure you put a link to your profile on here in your cover letter.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.